fifty six

BEAUTIFUL MESSchapter fifty six

BEAUTIFUL MESS
chapter fifty six.

"Summer camp?" Buck asked skeptically as Hunter stole the paper from his hands

"It's all he can talk about," Eddie sighed, clearly conflicted, "Some of the other kids from school are going. It's only two weeks."

"Whoa, whoa. Two weeks away from home? Isn't Chris kind of young for that? I mean, what if something happens? What if he gets homesick?" Buck argued, clearly concerned.

"I'm pretty sure I brought in the brochure so you guys can make me feel better about him going," Eddie said, leaning back into his chair as he began grading Hen's practice MCAT.

"Clearly, you did not think that plan through to its logical conclusion," Chimney laughed, popping a piece of fruit into his mouth.

"Eddie, he'll be okay- at that age kids don't even miss their parents anymore," she shrugged before continuing, "plus it means two weeks for you and Ms. Flores to have all to yourself."

Eddie shot her a glare at her later statement, no one was quite sure what was going on in Eddie's love life anymore but Hunter would sure still make fun of him. Bobby told her to knock it off before he presented his argument, "I started going to sleep away camp when I was 8. I loved it. Camp Weegeewagen. Eedee-idee-odee-ooh-hoo! Looked forward to it every year."

"Yeah, but Christopher's a city kid."

"So was I. St. Paul is a city." Bobby defending himself, holding his hands up trying to convince Chim to see things from his point of view.

"If you say so."

"Chim, that's like saying Lubbock isn't a city," Hunter tried to argue with him.

"It's not!" he exclaimed in frustration. Hunter flipped him off in response.

"I'm just trying to imagine trying to sell Denny on the idea of two weeks without the internet," scoffed Hen.

"It's pretty exciting. They even have this farm-to-fork program where the kids pick veggies and cook 'em for dinner."