🦋-"Metathesiophobia> fear of change"

Chapter 10:Becoming

"Already ka first date lasunana( you kissing each other)"
I switch on the kitchen light and Kgotatso is sitting on the kitchen counter with a glass of wine , i honestly did expect her to be home , i guess her and Thato really did break up.
"Uhmm why were you sitting in the dark , are you crazy"
"Voetsek , so tell me how was the kiss"
"Its was nice"
" so why do you look like that"
"Like what"
"Like that"
"Eish , its just that i think i did a big mistake kissing that guy back" i say sitting on top of the counter beside her and putting my head on her shoulder
"No you didnt ,Chomz look your fear of change is going to block you"
"Fear of change ,ay angina fear of change"
"Busi , you scared to change your job , you scared of change , unale ( you have) changeophobia"
I sigh. I guess it is true , i don't know why change scares me so much it might be because the i kind of change i have experienced is not the good kind.
"Friend the world is always changing and if you continue with your changophobia you will stay behind" she gets of the counter takes her wine glass and the bottel of class while singing.
"Baya hamba abahambayo wena uzosala ucenga"
I silently laugh, my friend is stupid but she can be smart at time shame , shes right i have to learn to take risks and change , who knows maybe the changes are for the better and the first change im going to take is accepting the job offer Mr and Mrs Robertsons offered me.