🦋-"i know he loves me even though its unspoken"

Chapter 28:Becoming

I am in the kitchen making coffee , while thinking about this whole mess i put myself in , how my parents would feel knowing that am married to the son of their killer. Stembiso loves me i know that , i can see it in his eyes , i can see it with the way he treats me .It might have started as a task to him but i know he eventually fell inlove.
I feel someone looking at me and when i turn to see who it is .
"Can we talk" Stembiso's mother says now standing next to me.
"About what" i say not looking at her.
She looks at me.
"Why didn't you tell Stembiso that you know" i look up at her.
"Because i love him"
"You know he loves you too" i take my coffee and put it on the kitchen counter and turn to face her.
"I know"
"I kept on warning him , even promised to disown him  but he wanted you"
I keep quiet not knowing what to say.
"I take it you want your son to be happy"
She nodds
"Me too , and him not knowing i know this will make him happy"
She looks at me quietly.
" my grandmother got the letter so we now waiting for the date from your people , i would like the wedding to be as soon as possible"
" next month maybe " she says looking at me straight at my eyes and i do the same not backing down.
"No , next week"
"Its too soon"
"You're the queen around here , everyone respects you ,im sure you can make it happen Mrs Zungu"
I say and take my coffee leaving her standing there.