Deepest Desire| Josuke

" Hey, Josuke! "

   " Hey, Y/n, what's going on? "

You walked closer to Josuke, so you wouldn't have to yell across the school grounds. Okuyasu and Koichi weren't with him, which was a little weird. Josuke smiled brightly at you, and you smiled up at him.

   " Nothing much. Where's Okuyasu and Koichi? Usually they're with you. "

   " Uh, they're taking care of some stuff, and won't be at school on time. "

Josuke never told you about stands or that he had one. He didn't want to involve you like he did Koichi. In the end, Koichi barely survived getting shot by the stand arrow, and he doesn't want you to have the possibility of dying.

   " Really? Koichi usually never misses school. "

   " Yeah, but once their business is done, I think Koichi will be coming to school. Don't you guys have a test today? "

   " Yeah, and so do you. "

   " I do? "

You slapped your forehead in disappointment at your friend. Then you punched his arm, making him slightly jump away from you.

   " Josuke, you have an English test today. You have to be able to write a whole paragraph in English. "

   " That's today!? "

   " Yes! We literally studied two nights ago! "

   " Ah, I gotta get to class, and look over my notes! "

Josuke ran off to get to his classroom, leaving you entirely alone. You shook your head and entered the school building. After changing shoes, you went to your class to take your test. The day seemed to fly by quickly, but when it was lunchtime, something strange happened.

   " Hey, Y/n! "

You turned in your desk to look at who was standing in the doorway of your classroom. Josuke was smiling brightly at you. You were the only one in the classroom because everyone had left to eat elsewhere.

   " Hey, Josuke. Koichi not back yet? "

   " No, he's back. "

Josuke stepped into the classroom with his lunch in his hands. Josuke seemed a little too happy to you. Usually, when he's excited, he smiles, showing his full set of teeth, and that's what he is doing. However, you didn't know anything happening that would make him so happy. Josuke sat in front of you, sitting in the chair at the desk in front of yours. He set his lunch on your desk and opened his sandwich bag.

   " So, what's got you so excited? "

   " Oh, do I look that excited? I guess I didn't notice. "

   " Well, are you excited for some reason? "

   " I'm just happy I get to eat lunch with you! "

   " But it's just lunch. "

Josuke leaned forward in the chair, bringing his face close to yours. Your face turned a few shades of red, and you leaned back a little. Josuke's bright smile turned into a smirk, and you wondered how close he would get.

   " But it's with you. "

Josuke leaned back and continued to eat his lunch. You sat, in your chair, a little paralyzed from what happened. Finally, you shook your head and started eating, remaining silent. You were still shocked about the closeness and the sudden change in attitude from this morning.