Sweeter| Joseph

" Uh, JoJo, why are we going to a bakery again? " Smokey asked, his tall companion.

   " Because Granny Erina heard it was the best place in New York to order cakes. She ordered tea cakes and muffins for her afternoon tea. I, am going to get them! " Joseph said, putting his hand on his chest and smiling.

After turning the corner, Joseph spotted the bakery and crossed the street after yelling at a few cars. You just handed Mary a tray filled with cakes to give to the customers sitting at her section of tables. You had flour and frosting covering your apron from making cakes. You had lots of help serving and at the cash register, but you were the only baker in the establishment. Today was different, though. Because the usual cashier was sick, you had to run the register and bake the desserts simultaneously. Upon hearing the timer on the oven ding, you took out a dozen cupcakes inside the oven. You set them in the chiller to cool down but felt yourself pause when Mary called for you.

   " Y/n, I need you! "

   " On my way! "

You grabbed a towel and started wiping your hands down. When you exited the kitchen, you looked toward Mary, but your attention was drawn to the man beside her. He was tall, with wild brown hair that seemed to be pointing in one direction. His green eyes shifted from Mary to your form, and you looked back at Mary before you could make eye contact.

   " What's up? "

   " This guy says he has an order. "

   " Got it. Table three's cupcakes are almost ready by the way. "

   " Okay. "

Mary walked away, leaving you with the man and his shorter friend.

   " What was the order? "

   " Tea cakes and muffins for Erina Joestar. "

   " Ah, those. I got those done this morning. They were the easiest part of my day. "

You entered your kitchen and grabbed the box of tea cakes and muffins. The man seemed to follow you instead of waiting at the counter. Joseph leaned against the doorway, looking around your kitchen.

   " Do you make everything, by yourself? "

   " Do you see another baker? "

   " Hey, no need for sas! "

   " No need for stupid questions. " You said, smirking.

You walked out of your kitchen and set the boxes on the counter. You pulled up the total and turned toward the man.

   " That'll be twenty. "

   " No discount even for a handsome stud like me? " He said, raising his eyebrows and leaning closer to you.

You rolled your eyes and pushed him back.

   " Afraid not, stud. Also, you're supposed to be on the other side of the counter. "

   " What? Don't like me being close to you? "

   " I don't even know you. "

   " Joseph Joestar in your presence. And who are you, pretty lady? "

   " Y/n. And where are my twenty dollars, Joseph? "

   " Ah! Alright. "

Joseph took out his wallet and handed you the money. You put the cash in the register and slid the boxes closer toward Joseph.

   " Maybe, if you can convince me, I'll give you the next order for free. Have a good day. "

   " You got a deal, pretty lady! "

Joseph took the boxes with him and left the shop while his friend apologized before leaving. You shook your head and went back into the kitchen to check on the cupcakes you put in the chiller.

Every week after that encounter, Joseph would come to your bakery and try to get a free cup of coffee with a cake. He was unsuccessful every time. However, you did enjoy your talks with him, and sometimes Smokey would come with him. It became something you looked forward to every week. Finally, today, you closed the shop and wiped the tables down when Joseph walked through the door.

   " Hello, beautiful! Your handsome stud has arrived! "

   " Well, stud the shop is closed. "

Joseph didn't care about the 'closed' sign and walked through your shop until he reached the counter, where he took a seat. You left your towel on the counter and grabbed your mop, ready to start mopping the floors.

   " So? "

   " So, when the shops closed, no desserts are being made. You're out of luck. "

   " Aww, come on, beautiful. How about a little coffee and some cake? "

   " You're out of luck. "

   " Come on now. . ."

You felt your waist being grabbed, and you were pulled into Joseph's chest. His hands remained on your waist as you turned around to face him.

   " Nope. You're late. "

   " But I'm here now. "

   " But you're still late. " You said, tapping the handle of the mop on his chest.

   " I'll have to settle for something else, then, something. . .even sweeter. "

Joseph leaned his head down and connected his lips with yours. It was only a peck, but it was enough to make your face blush.

   " Hey! What the--"

   " I was right! You are sweeter! "