I Need You Pt.1| Bucciarati

You pulled your coat around yourself tighter as you walked through Naples, Italy. You felt like someone was watching you, and you felt uncomfortable. This wasn't the first time you felt like you were being watched or that you felt someone's eyes on you. You had felt uncomfortable for the last few weeks, no matter where you went. It started when you were walking around the park, and then a few days later, you felt a shiver travel up your spine inside your apartment, and you shut all of your windows, feeling uncomfortable. 

Today, you felt the eyes of someone looking at you constantly. You felt like you couldn't get away from the feeling no matter what. You decided to talk to your boyfriend today to see if he could help you, but you couldn't reach his cell phone. That made you even more anxious. So now, you wandered the streets of Italy, looking for him and staying near crowds of people. You didn't feel safe in public, but you knew if you were around people, then the person stalking you wouldn't be able to hurt you.

You knew it was a man stalking you because you had caught him one day. You were walking to the market when you spotted someone leaning against the wall as you passed. But when you got closer to the market, you saw him again, but he wore different clothes. You didn't think much about it then, but when you spotted him for the third time that day, hiding behind walls and walking on the opposite street as you, heading in the same direction, you knew he was stalking you.

You turned the corner and started heading straight toward the dock. When you got closer, you spotted your boyfriend. His white polka-dotted suit made him stand out to you, and you felt relieved seeing him. You walked in the direction of the boat he was standing on, and as you got closer, the feeling of eyes on your back went away.

   " Bruno! " You called.

Bruno Bucciarati turned toward the person calling his name, and he spotted you eagerly walking closer and closer to the boat eagerly. Bruno smiled lightly at seeing you and jumped onto the dock. When you got closer, you hugged Bruno, finally feeling safe.

   " What are you doing here, mia cara? " Bruno asked, hugging you back.

   " I was looking for you. I haven't been able to get a hold of you, and I really need to talk to you. " You said, stepping back and looking Bruno in the eyes.

Bruno's smile faded, and he held your arms within his.

   " I'm sorry, mia cara, but now isn't the best time. I was informed that Polpo died, and I know where his ten billion lire is. I can finally become a capo, if I can get to Capri and unearth the lire. "

You knew of Bruno's life in the mafia and didn't care. As long as you could be with him, and him you, that was all that mattered. You made it work, and your relationship was romantic and beautiful. But at this moment, you felt your heart shatter in two. You were happy that Bruno could be a capo and control Polpo's region, but you were not in the best position yourself. So, you took a deep breath and gripped Bruno's arms tightly.

   " Bruno, I know, you've been waiting for this moment for a while, and I am very happy for you, but I need you. I don't feel safe, and I feel like there are eyes watching me. It's been happening for weeks, and I thought it was just my imagination, but it's not--"

   " Bucciarati! We're ready to sail off! " Abbacchio shouted from the boat.

   " One moment! " Bruno shouted back.

   " Mia cara, I have to go. We can talk about this when I return. I promise it won't be long. "

Bruno kissed the top of your head before jumping on the boat and leaving the port. The ship began to sail away, and you called Bruno's name, but he just took your cry as a goodbye. He waved to you as he sailed off for Capri. You watched the boat get smaller and smaller in the distance, and the feeling of being watched returned, and you felt yourself shake. You wanted to cry in anger and fear at your boyfriend, but you knew that wouldn't be useful when he wasn't there.

   ' I'll just go home, and hole myself inside. At least I'll be in a familiar place, where if someone does come in, I can take care of them quickly, or call the cops in hopes that they help. '

You turned from the dock and started to run away from the other boats, not noticing that another ship was missing. You ran until your lungs began to hurt, and you started to walk down the streets, but it was past people's usual lunchtime. People had returned to work, or their homes, leaving the streets sparse of people. You kept telling yourself to get home and hide with a frying pan or a knife in your bedroom. 

But you wouldn't make it home.

And your cell phone was left on the sidewalk as you disappeared.