Chapter 61

"The Emperor is requesting an audience with you in the main audience hall."

'*sighs* Just great.'

I followed the attendant and ended up in front of a private room. I can already feel their magic aura from outside of this door. I can also feel the drama with it. I have saved planets upon planets from Demons, Impurities, Nethershades you name it. They are just different species from the Tartarea or what we like to call Hell and yet there's nothing I hate more than drama.

Unnecessary things that I have quite a lot in my life. 

"Princess?" The attendant looked over at me with concern.

"Lady is fine. It's nothing, you may open the door." I waved.

Once he opened the door, it was like a whole family reunion. With that other girl too. 

I bowed and did a curtsy, " Greetings to the rulers, the light of our empire." I greeted.

"No need for the formalities, Euphemia." The mother of this Empire, the Empress expressed.

So she's this body's mother. Well, human woman thank you for giving birth to me. Thanks to you, I could reincarnate and awaken my soul to defeat Astorazel, the current Tartarean Ruler. I might have had affection for you as my mother in the past but now I feel nothing but filial piety.

In fact, I love Marchioness Emeline more than the Empress for I see her more of a mother and that's just sad.

"How have you been faring, Euphemia? Was life in Crestbreeze alright?" She asked with a smile.

"It has been more than Alright, it was marvelous. I absolutely adored everyone there and was overjoyed with my decision to leave and transfer." I said honestly.

"I- I see."

"Pardon if I might come off as rude but may I ask, why have you summoned me?

"Is it bad to want to see our daughter after two years of not meeting each other? You have changed plenty." The Emperor said.

"Considering that you have given me to Marquis Crestbreeze, I did not expect so. Nay letter nor message did I receive during those two years so I presumed that you did not want anything to do with me. Of course, I did try once but after not receiving a reply I have relented." 

Then there was silence, they certainly did not have anything to say with what I have said. Guilty? could be but nevertheless, I do not care. Though I may not care, it does not mean that I won't protect them. I will protect life from the tainted as it is my purpose to live.

"If there is nothing else, may I be excused?" I asked.

"Will you be attending the opening ball tonight?" The eldest, Prince Leandré Crius Svetlana, implored.

"I might not as I have many things to do in preparation for the competitions and the safety of my Academy's students." 

"Did you not know that attendance is mandatory?" The twin, Prince Lorcan Cadmund Svetlana, informed.

"Then I shall attend for a brief moment." 

"You spoke earlier that you do not remember essentially everything from two years ago and years before that?" The president, Prince Aries said.

"Yes, I do not.

"Then you should have no recollection of who we are and people you have met prior to two years ago?"

"Indeed. From two years ago till when I was a child, I have no recollection of who they may be. I can make out what happened as everything seems like a book to me that I can just read but not remember what their faces were or their voices as I had nothing to reference it to." I explained.

"T-That means, you don't remember who we are?" The youngest, Prince Perseus Euclid Svetlana broke.

"That is correct, while I was standing from outside of the door, I overheard your conversation and concluded as to who to address who as. I have quite the exceptional hearing.

"I do hope you enjoy the ball later, sister. We'd be delighted if you do." Rhosyn smiled at me.

"I understand." I kept my responses short and precise.

'Euphemia-sama is quite cold, isn't she?' Siva smiled proudly.

'I'd say since she merged with Sumiko-sama and Euphemia-sama, the past Rheanna-sama was much colder. In comparison, she's become a lot more polite and kind. Rheanna-sama was quite the...straight-laced, over-working, cold, strict but still somehow tardy person.' Styrmir said.

'An amazing and spectacular Tempest nonetheless. Looked up to by countless of Empyrealites for her excellence and the favorite creation of the Gods.' Siva added.

'I need both of you to stop, You know I can't handle this talk well.' I suppressed the embarrassed blush on my face.

"Well then if that is all, I will now be excusing myself." I bowed and turned away.

We do not have class as of now as we should prepare for the Ball. I still have some time to spare before Aine or Filo finds me to fuss about changing. 

I scoped the area, planting surveillance orbs and detectors per possible entryway.

Using command magic, I let the orbs scatter to different spots in the whole academy.

Soon enough, Aine and Oliver managed to find me and drag me back to my designated changing room.

Filo pulled out a long golden-green mermaid-style dress that my personal designer, Miss Eudora prepared for me.

"I have not seen this kind of dress before!" Filo gushed.

"It is absolutely perfect with Milady's icy silver aqua blue hair," Aine added.

They fixed styled my hair in a low braided bun with hair framing the sides of my face and some loose strands on the back.

I held a small bag to keep some of my essentials and wore the detector on my wrist. The shoes matched my hair and were the perfect pair for the dress I was wearing.

" *sigh* I shall be off now. " I bid the four of them goodbye as I was being escorted by a knight to the ball.

Another day, more dramas to come.

To be Continued. . .