ch. sixteen

I wrapped the towel around my body, leaving my hair heavily damp. After this, I'm going to get dressed and sneak my way over to Eren's.

Those letters have been tugging at my mind nonstop. What exactly did he write that involved me? I need to know what they say. Perhaps they may have some truth to things. Maybe it's the closure I need.

Or maybe I'm delusional and he's writing about everything he hates about me.

I groaned, walking my way out of the bathroom. My bedroom air was cool, causing goosebumps to spread over my skin.

Suddenly there was a knock at my door. I made sure the towel was wrapped around me tightly, and I opened the door a small bit. My eyes traveled up to see green ones.

"Eren?" I asked, shocked.

"Y/N," he said lowly. "I... I really need to talk to you. Please."

I bit my lip, "I'm not dressed yet. Come inside and wait while I get my clothes."

I saw the corner of his mouth lift up a bit as he nodded. I opened the door enough for him to walk through, and I gently shut it.

He stood there, watching me. I saw the way his gaze looked me up and down, the way he studied me.

"Perv," I joked, grabbing my clothes. I heard him give me a light chuckle, and as I turned around, I saw him inspecting my room, his eyes traveling to every wall. I quickly headed to the bathroom to change. I looked at my reflection, taking slow breaths to calm my nervousness. Exiting the bathroom, I noticed Eren had a picture frame in his hands.

I could barely see it considering his back was mostly turned to me, but I saw exactly what picture it was.

. . .

"We need a picture!" I giggled, grabbing my mom's camera that I borrowed.

Eren groaned, Mikasa shrugged, and Armin smiled to me.

"We need four so we all have one!" Armin suggested.

Eren groaned again, "I don't like pictures."

"For me, Eren?" I frowned, giving him a doe eyed look. He rolled his eyes, instantly giving in to me.

"Fine."

I turned to Mikasa, holding up the camera. "Will you be in it too?"

"Sure," she gave a small smile. We all gathered together, and Eren threw me on his back. I wrapped my arms around his neck, smiling wide, my cheeks flushed. Eren leaned his head on mine, his green eyes bright with happiness. Mikasa covered her mouth with the red scarf, and Armin laughed as he held the camera high enough to capture all of us.

"Say cheese!" Armin yelled.

"I'm not saying cheese," Eren uttered behind a smile.

I kicked his leg, causing him to grunt.

Armin counted down, and we all said cheese, genuinely laughing after the moment was over. We all fell to the ground, spreading out as he looked at the baby blue sky as the sun streamed through the beautiful clouds.

"Friends forever." I promised.

"Friends forever," they repeated.

. . .

"I always kept it," I spoke. Eren tensed at the fact he got caught. He turned to me, the picture still in his grip.

He smiled, almost to himself. "You know, I have one too. I kept it as well."

Eren's Tainted Roseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें