ch. twenty-six

The wind was blowing my hair around my face as my vision was focused ahead of me, staring into the distance. I had been so busy the last few days and hardly had the chance to conversate with practically anyone other than Ymir.

"What are you staring at?"

I turned my attention to her as I watched her put her hair into a low ponytail. I looked away, quietly sighing.

"I was just thinking," I tugged my jacket closer to me.

"I'm not gonna sit here and be your therapist so I won't even ask," she sat down lazily, crossing her arms behind her head.

I rolled my eyes, "I didn't ask anything of you, Ymir. If I needed advice, trust me, you'd be the last person I'd go to."

Ymir smirked, "You don't like me, huh?"

"I tolerate you," I shrugged.

"Is it because I'm too blunt for you, sweetheart?" she looked over at me.

"No, I actually admire how blunt you are. It's your attitude that I don't enjoy. But you knew that," I raised a brow knowingly before turning and walking away.

I sighed to myself, irritated over the fact Captain Levi paired me with Ymir. She always expected me to do all the work and it wasn't fair. Every hour she practically reminded me I wasn't Historia, therefore she has no reason to listen to a word I say.

"Y/N."

I looked over my shoulder to see blank dark eyes.

"Mikasa," I greeted her, a flash of her red scarf sitting on Jean's bed crossing my mind.

"Have you seen Eren?"

I raised a brow, "No, why? Is everything okay?"

"Yes. I just haven't spoken to him today and wanted to see how he was. I thought he would have at least contacted you today," she responds.

"I'm pretty sure he's paired with Jean. He should be easy to find," I hid a smirk to attempt to hide the fact I knew something I probably shouldn't.

Mikasa remained blank, no sign of anything crossing her dashing features. "I suppose. Thank you Y/N," she gives me a small smile and walks away.

. . .

Levi called a meeting and ordered everyone to gather outside. I scanned the area for Eren, seeing him standing to the side with Mikasa. I wondered if I should even mention to him what I saw in Jean's room, but is there even a point when I have no solid proof?

It isn't that big of a deal. It'll make it easier to have that conversation with Jean knowing he's moving on with her hopefully. It's just shocking because everyone is aware Mikasa is in love with Eren.

Surprisingly it doesn't make me jealous. If Eren really wanted to be with her, it would have happened by now. Part of me feels guilty for being with him behind her back, but what am I supposed to do? Hold back from being with the love of my life just to spare her feelings?

No.

"Earth to Y/N," Sasha yelled, waving a hand in my face.

"Sasha!" I gasped, causing her to giggle before throwing her arms around me. I hugged her back, feeling at peace as her natural scent invaded my senses.

"I missed you," she frowned as she pulled back from me.

"I missed you way more. How are you doing?"

She rolled her eyes, "Exhausted. Being paired with Conny was nice for a day until he started acting like a bratty baby over everything."

I grinned, amused. "I'd take him over Ymir any day."

Sasha grimaced, "Oh no. How's that going?"

"Horrible. All she does is pick fights with me. It's tiring and got old fast," I groan.

"It'll be over soon, Y/N. It's just part of this stupid training Hange decided we needed. Can't believe Captain Levi agreed to it. It feels pointless," Sasha shook her head.

"I think they just wanted us out of their hair for a bit," I shrugged.

"I wouldn't doubt it."

Captain Levi began speaking, but I tuned him out as my focus was on Eren, only to find him already watching me. His usually bright eyes were dark with exhaustion. All I wanted to do was pull him into my arms and never let go.

"I miss you," he mouthed to me.

I smiled, not even trying to hide it.

"I miss you more," I mouthed back. He smiled tiredly at me, but a spark lit in his eyes and it made butterflies erupt in my stomach.

"My room?" he mouthed.

I nodded with a smirk, causing him to light up instantly and visibly sigh with relief.

This meeting better hurry up before I kiss him in front of everyone.

. . .

Eren's hands were all over my body as he slammed his door shut, his lips locked with mine as he laid me down on the bed.

"I love you so much," he murmured into the crook of my neck, his fingers tangling in my hair.

"Show me how much then," I demanded. I felt him smirk into my neck, sighing with content. "Later though. For now let's just kiss and sleep."

"But-"

I cut him off with a kiss, and caressed his cheek, looking into his tired eyes. "You're tired baby. And so am I. All I want to do right now is hold you as tight as possible. So come on. Lay down with me, Eren."

"Yes ma'am," he smiled boyishly at me as we kicked our shoes off, throwing off our dirty clothes and pressing our warm bodies together under the covers. His arms found their way around my waist as he laid on top of me, his head resting on my chest.

My fingers combed through his hair as the other hand rubbed my thumb over his cheek soothingly.

"You're my home. You always have been," he whispered.

"And you've always been mine. You're my peace."

"I'm sorry I hurt you. You didn't deserve that. I thought I knew what I was doing but I couldn't have been more wrong," he apologized.

I frowned, "Eren, it's okay. We're okay now. That's all that matters."

"But I just need you to know I love you. Okay? I love you, Y/N."

"I love you more Eren."

Soon, he drifted off to sleep, but the tone in his voice left me worried for the rest of the night.

In the pit of my stomach, it felt like something was going to happen.

___

i know this was rlly short but it's taken me forever to write anything and i wanted to hurry and give you guys a little something :) you deserve it for the patience you've had. new chapter will be tomorrow or even sooner. love you all