ch. twenty-four

Love.

Its a roller coaster of emotions as it tugs at your heart strings as if it were a puppeteer.

I never felt that for anyone else besides Eren. I don't know what it feels like to not be in love with him. I always have been, for as long as I could remember.

So, as I lay here in pure bliss, wrapped in his arms -- I feel my inner child coming to the surface with a huge smile, adoring the fact I'm finally with him now. I notice hidden galaxies in his eyes while he undresses me with a glance. I feel love as if its a liquid being spilled into my veins and sewing me whole once again.

I'm utterly in love with Eren Jaeger. The stubborn boy that always spoke his mind, often finding himself in trouble. The determined boy who often felt self hatred and doubt. The strong man who's fighting harder and harder each day. I'm in love with every version of him -- not despite his flaws, but regardless of them.

If you asked me the definition of love, he would be the first thought on my mind. Him alone -- he is love, he is what I hope it to be.

. . .

I rinsed the silverware off after thoroughly washing them, patting them dry with a towel.

"Brat."

I held back a jump of surprise as Levi's voice caught me off guard.

"Captain," I grinned.

"How are you doing?" he asked, his voice level and monotone.

I looked over my shoulder to find him leaning against the wall, "Good. I'm good," I nodded, beginning to wash dishes again. "How about you?"

"I'm fine, Y/N. Keep working," he spoke, leaving the room without a second glance. I shook my head and sighed, confused.

Conny and Sasha burst into the room loudly, tripping over one another with huge smiles.

"Don't make a mess, I'm cleaning," I begged.

Conny looked over to me, "Y/N chill, we aren't going to do anything."

I narrowed my eyes at him sharply, "You say that every time. And each time, I have to clean up behind you."

"Y/N we're just playing," Sasha frowned. I turned away from them, deciding not to entertain it. I wasn't in the mood and I just wanted to finish these tasks quickly so I could go see Eren.

Suddenly it got quiet, but I hardly even noticed.

"Are you okay?" Sasha asked, grabbing my arm gently.

I nodded, "I'm fine, just tired. I'm sorry."

"We could finish up for you," Conny shrugged.

I smiled at them both, "No need. I'm almost done anyways. Thank you."

They began playing again, but carefully. Soon, I was finished and said bye to Conny and Sasha as I made my way to Eren's room. Even if he wasn't there, being in his room made me comfortable.

I opened his door, peaking inside before welcoming myself in. He wasn't there, which caused me to sigh as I flicked my shoes off and made myself comfortable in his bed.