New wife

Hi guys, thank you for choosing this story to read. I appreciate you for stopping by.

PLEASE NOTE: I'm not a professional writer. So thank you for reading.

This book has not been through any editing process. I apologize for the errors and mistakes.

I will appreciate your support by leaving your comment and your vote. Thank you.
.
Love 💕
Wealth.

                                     ***

Knock!  Knock!  Knock!

She checked her wristwatch, it was a little past 8, and her court time was 9.

"I'm not expecting anyone."

She placed her tea green mug on the table, stood up, and walked towards the door. She looked at the security camera screen behind the door. She did not recognize the lady standing on her door pouch.

She unlocked it and opened it.

Her gaze traveled from the red-pointed shoe to her legs, to her knee where her short white dress stopped, then her lower body to her face. She watched as her red-painted lips parted and her teeth displayed in a perfectly lined smile.

"Hello," Evelyn said.

She tilted her head to the side, still with the smile, and gazed behind Evelyn's shoulder inside the house. Evelyn followed her gaze and back to her face. She looked back at Evelyn, holding her gaze, unfazed.

"Evelyn Bowels, yes?" her voice sound so determined and straight.

"Yes," Evelyn replied, calm. "What can I do for you?"

The way the lady was glancing through the house was making Evelyn uncomfortable. "As something happens to my husband?" Evelyn thought to herself. This lady does not look like a cop.

  The way she was looking through the house, it was more like she was inspecting the house.

"Can I come in?" Before Evelyn could answer, she pushed her aside and entered the house, uninvited.

"Excuse me, young lad—" She can't possibly call her young lady, she must be in her mid-thirties as well. But this is just getting irritating. Who is this bitch?

She was getting on Evelyn's naive already. But she kept it cool. "Please, who are you?" Evelyn asked calmly.

She whirled back and scanned Evelyn from head to toe like she was weighing her or something. She smacked. "My name is Caroline Bright. I'm your husband's wife."

Excuse me?

A little smile curved out from Evelyn's mouth. Knowing it most is some kind of prank. "What are you talking about? What all this?"

Caroline glanced at the chair. "Can I seat?" Before Evelyn could answer, she make herself comfortable.

What else is new?

"Please." Evelyn blinked in confusion, walked and stood in front of her and looked down at her on the chair, glared at the wall clock; it was almost 9. "Please, whatever this is, can you get on with it? I don't have a lot of time, I have to be in court by 9."

"Then I suggest you sit down." she sounds authoritative, tapping her hand on the seat in a sit-down gesture.

Evelyn let out a soft breath, "she's ordering me around in my own house. Great!" she sat on the sofa opposite her.

"What's this about?"

"Nothing much."

"Nothing much? Like seriously?" Evelyn said to herself.