I ask the question.

Watching psycho movies and reading about them was scary, but being caged by one was scarier. Not in Caroline's life does she believe one does exist, not talk of spending her leave from work with one... Not until Evelyn Bowels.

Thou Evelyn does not invite her to the party. She was the one that showed up at the devil's door, looking stunning.

"This place was designed to make or break someone," Evelyn said as she walked around her. "This was my dad's playground, but after he died I did a little redecoration," Caroline rolled her eyes in fear. "to my taste.
The idea was to create a witness in this place, but... my guys are too good, I don't even have to get my hands dirty before people do exactly what I want. I was just thinking about what to do with this place," Evelyn stopped in front of her, holding both the chair hands, as she leaned in towards Caroline, "but, thanks to you darling. It doesn't have to go to waste, it's just about your size; don't you think?"

Caroline's eyes were red, she had cried till there was no more water coming out from her eyes. All she could think about was how wrong her decision was.

She should never have come here, to begin with.

But that was not Evelyn's plan. She planned to make her realize, she should have never gotten involved with her husband, to begin with.

You see, Evelyn had a mental disorder, which Jeremy knows nothing about, she hide it well under medications, and that is why she was always calm.

She made sure no one knows about it so they won't use it against her.

Being a lawyer has always been her dream and she never represent innocent or normal people, NO, Evelyn was no Bat Man - or Woman, she doesn't fight for the weak. Evelyn Bowels hate the weak.

She believes, 'there's nothing in the world a man want that a man can't get, including power. If you let anyone walk all over you; you have no one to blame but yourself. She enjoyed how fear crippled the heart of people when her name is being mentioned.

- No, she was good.

She never loses a case. With Evelyn, there's always evidence or no evidence. She believes anything can be made, and anything can disappear. Where there was no witness, she provided one. In her field, she hold the power, set the table, and plays the game. The only way not to lose with Evelyn Bowels is not to play her game. No one wins.

That was why she felt more like a fool, for Jeremy to be having affair under her nose for seven years, and she never noticed.

She loved him too much, she cannot even imagine him doing such a thing. He was the only one she trusted 100%.

Evelyn sat back on the chair, looking closely at Caroline, fantasizing about the things she want to do to her. Her only concern was that she had no time. Jeremy will be home by Thursday.

Of course, she won't disrespect her husband like that, keeping a hostage beneath their feet. - No she won't do that. She loves Jeremy too much.

She took the remote and pressed another button, which rolled Caroline up and spread her hands and legs wide in the air.

Caroline began to struggle, but it was no use.

Tapping her feet on the floor, Evelyn looked calm and ornery at the same time. "Have you seen the movie Caro, 'Wrong Turn'? I can call you Caro yes?"

Caroline blinked, without replying.

" Okay, this is not how this is going to work." she said angrily, "when I ask you a question, you will reply to me with your mouth.
Common Caro, help me out here," her voice relaxed. "I deal with reading people's expressions at court all day. I can't also come home to this. This supposed to be fun-" She grin like a psycho.

Caroline glared at her with so much disgust and fear in her eyes. The fun she says. "What is wrong with you? You are sick." She said with a shaky voice.

"Sick, you say!" A wicked smug curled on her face. She took the remote and pressed another button. The chain rolled down fast and slammed Caroline onto the floor. She groaned in pain, but before she could catch her breath, the chain rolled back up with speed and began to spin her around. That was when Caroline began to scream.

Evelyn pressed the button again and it stopped, then slammed her down again with speed. "You make too much noise darling. I told you, screaming won't help you. Just save your strength."

As much as Evelyn wanted to hear her scream, it not working, her screaming was not making Evelyn feel better, and she was not getting the satisfaction she wanted.

Evelyn wanted her to feel her pain, to feel shattered. But all she could do was scream. If screaming could make things better, Evelyn would have screamed her lungs out. But no. She was hurt, so much pain that it was almost like she could reach it, but she couldn't.

Caroline was breathing heavily, and coughing before she threw up on the floor.

"No, No, No bitch. You did not just ruin my expensive marble."

Caroline still breathing heavily, as she looked up with glossy eyes, her face looked pale, like it was about to bust. "Just kill me. Please."

"Kill you!" Evelyn placed her hand on her chest, then squeeze her face in an innocent look. "Ouch! I'm hurt. Am not a murderer, am a lot of things Caro... I can call you Caro, yes?" Caroline nodded. "Good, we're getting somewhere.
Caro, am no murderer."

"What do you want with me?"

"Firstly, darling. You're going to need to clean that up." She glanced at the vomit on the floor. "I don't know how you going to do that, but I will suggest you eat it back up. After all, it came out from your mouth."

"Wha... What! No. No. No. Please, Evelyn!" Fear crippling all over Caroline's face. She began to shake. She looks so pitiful.

"Yes darling, you will." She commanded with a mean tone. "Look at it this way. You're a dog after all. I mean, only an animal will sleep with someone else husband for seven years and still want the man to leave his wife, and when he chooses not to, she makes her appearance to the wife, and walked boldly into her home! Geez, Caroline! This is my home, my territory for Christ's sake!
You know, you must be some kind of different type of animal for you to be that bold. But too bad for you, am a different kind of beast." Evelyn looked down at the vomit and back to Caro. "So yes. You will eat it up and wipe it clean with your tongue."

Evenly got up, and stared at her a moment before she turned to leave.

"What do you want from me?" Caroline shaking voice stops her departure.

She turned back her head, then back to the front, she stood still for a moment, breathing in, before fully turning back to her.

"I believe I asked you that question first." Caroline blinked in confusion. "What do you hope to active by coming into my house?" Caroline's lips parted - "Before you say anything," she interrupted her with a finger up. "think of what you are about to say very carefully because whatever you say might come with consequences.
We will continue when I get back. Make sure to clean that before I return." Wiggled her eyebrows. "Have fun, darling."

Evelyn walked out and leave the light on.

Caroline's eyes scanned her surroundings, no way out.

"I'm dead."

********************************

Thank you so much for reading. I appreciate it.

PLEASE NOTE: This is my first draft of this and it has not been through any editing process.

Thank you for reading. Please leave your comment on this chapter. I will also appreciate your vote.

Love 💕