Honey am home.

Evelyn sat on the chair, staring at Caroline's naked body on the floor; all she wanted was satisfaction or some kind of relief, but all she could get was frustration.

She couldn't sleep, every time she closes her eyes the image of Caroline and Jeremy kept pumping up in her mind.

Evelyn wanted to inflict so much pain on Caroline that she will not feel the pain of her sleeping with her husband and making fools out of her anymore.

She wanted to see her disfigured so that the image of her and her husband will fade away, but no matter what she does, the pain won't go away.

Like that was not enough, — now she have to question everything she knew about her husband:

Who is he with any time he traveled? If he cheats on her for seven years, he's definitely cheating on Caroline as well.

Evelyn looked down, as she rubbed her hand on her belly. What do we do about daddy now? She thought to herself.

She closes her eyes and her mind wandered away for a few minutes, when she opened it and saw Caroline lying on the floor, her anger burns within her again.

She might not know who the other women are, but she only knows about Caroline Bright. And she wouldn't have known about any of them in the first place if Caroline had not opened the door to destroy her marriage.

Now she couldn't sleep, eat, she couldn't think straight, or focus on anything. She can't even think of what or how she is going to react when Jeremy gets back.

—Will everything goes back to normal, like nothing ever happened, like she never knew about Caroline? Will she confront him, what if he wants a divorce?

No, divorce is the last thing Evelyn wants. There's so much at risk. There has to be another way.

She glared at Caroline again and angrily took the remote, pressing the button to roll her up. She moved towards Caroline like an angry wolf,

"You're sleeping!" she laughed loud, "I can't believe you're sleeping!!! How can you sleep?"

Caroline was shaking like she was freezing.

"You're the one that sleeps with my husband, and you're sleeping?" Evelyn wiped down her face with both hands. " I'm sure Jeremy sleeps to hun?

You two are the ones who did wrong, but I am the one that can't sleep. Why am I suffering for your mistakes? Where is my sleep?"

Caroline lifted her head slowly, and said with a faint voice, "Your sleep has been taken away from you. Just the way when I close my eyes, your face is all I see," she smiled softly, "I guess my face is all that you see too?" She began to laugh!!!

She was right about that. Her face was what Evelyn could see.

Evelyn lifted her hand to slap her, but she retrain herself.

"Go on, what are you waiting for??? You don't want to? I can tell you wanted to?"

Evelyn took a step backward, holding Caroline's gaze unfazed. She smiled.

"Something funny?"

Evelyn sat back on the chair. She looked satisfied. "Now you speaking up, because now you've already concluded in your mind; what more can I do to you that can be worse than what I already did."

Caroline looked surprised, but she did not reply to her.

"Don't look so surprised. I'm good at what I do, and that is why am the best in this field. So I know exactly what next and am going to tell you."

Caroline looked away like she wasn't interested in what she was about to say, but Evelyn continues anyway.

"If you think this is the worst that can happen to you," Evelyn scoffed through her nose.
    "then you don't know nothing yet. The worst is yet to come... Wait till you see sunlight again, hear a car horn again, hear a dog barking again, wait till you see a plate of food in front of you again... You won't be able to digest anything." she said like she was concerned about her.

"My favorite part is alcohol can't help you, because believe me, every smell will drive you nuts, and therapists can't help you either. The only one thought and one alone that will run through your mind, as your body fades away; do you know what that is?

 A peaceful death." She whispered the sentence.

"It usually cut on the wrist and draws in water." she presses her lips and tints her head, "you might choose another method though, but one thing is for sure... You're going to drown yourself. Then the moment before you die, you will understand that all of this is just a preparation for the mission."

"Your mission is to erase me."

"You're learning," she added with her devious smile.

"I will not give you that satisfaction. If you wanted to kill me, just go ahead with it. But if you ever let me out of here, I can promise you this... It will be your biggest mistake." she threatened.

Evelyn sat up straight, still having the smile on, looking calm. "Promise is a promise, Caroline. I will look forward to it." she breathed out the words slowly and stood up, "I have to go now. But I will leave you with some music I hope you like it."

She turned and took another remote, turned back at Caroline, "besides, if am not sleeping, you shouldn't be either." and pressed play.

It was rock and roll music, it was so loud, it almost like the whole underground was installed with speakers.

Evelyn dropped the remote and walked towards the elevator, opened and entered. Caroline watched as the gate closed.

                                      ***

Coming out from her shoe closet, she began to hear footsteps like someone was walking towards the room from the living room.

She hides in the closet. She couldn't figure out how someone could enter her house, she glared at her drawer behind the bed, where her pistol gun was. "Shit! That far."

"Baby?"

Oh no. Fuck fuck fuck — It Jeremy?" She whispered.

Evelyn took a deep breath and stepped out of the closet. "Baby!!!" she forced a fake smile.

Jeremy walked towards her and pulled her into a tight hug. "Oh, baby... I've missed you so much."

"Wha... Wha... What are you doing at home? I thought you not coming back until—"

Jeremy pulled back an inch with his both hands on her shoulder "I just wanted to surprise you."

"Ugh??!" She forced a fake smile again. "I am... So... So surprised."

"I know you must have missed me so much." he looked around and back to her, "baby what's going on, what happen?"

She glanced around, " I'm redecorating. Those frames are old, I want to change them." She pulled in closer to close the gap between them, rubbing her hands on his back, she placed a light kiss on his lips with a smile, " I have missed you so much."

"Now, am home." he searches her eyes.

"Yes, you are."

*********************

Thanks for reading. Please drop your comments on this chapter.

I will appreciate your support by voting. Thanks. 💕