Getting Away With Murder.

As Evelyn drove to the court, her mind kept wandering off the road, with her sweaty hands on the wheels - even though the car AC was on, she was hot from the inside. Her driving was so slow that it draw the attention of other drivers on the highway. Every once in a while, some car horn will bring her back to life, telling her to get out of the way.

Her emotions were all over the place. Who can blame her? Jeremy was a man she trusted with her life
His betrayal hurt her so deeply, nothing was making sense to her anymore. She can't even trust her memories anymore.

"Was it all a lie? Seven fucking years!" She angrily slammed her right hand on the wheel three times. "Geez, Jeremy!!! Why? Why? Why?"

She was trying to hold the tears because she doesn't want to ruin her makeup, but the tears rushed out anyway.

Even after she got to the court, her mind was not there, not less on the case. She kept picturing Jeremy and Caroline together in the shower and bed, making love.

This case was not something she can lose, so she had to put her mind together and kick some ass.

As usual, Evelyn won.

Evelyn Bowels was one of the highest-paid attorneys, because of her reputation. She never loses a case.

Whatsoever she got to do, she just doesn't lose, even if she had to forge evidence to win, she will. All Evelyn want is to win and she will go to any length.

Oh! She was that good. Her specialty is "Getting Away With Murder."

Evelyn took a long drive after her day in court to get her mind sorted before she know what to do with her house guest. She drove miles away out of town and parked her car behind a tree in the middle of nowhere.

She put a call through to Carl, one of her computer hackers.

"Hey, Carl."

"Hello, gorgeous."

"I need you to do something for me real quick."

"Now!!!?" he sounded disturbed like he was in the middle of something. - Actually, he was: He was having a nice time with two of his Asian models.

"Yes Carl, right now." Evelyn commanded, knowing him too well... "Get in your pants and unlock a phone for me, now. I'm sending the serial number now." she commanded.

"Geez!!! Evelyn. Okay okay." Evelyn hung up the call.

Carl turned to the lady who was half naked on the black sofa, "this will only take a second. Why don't you guys keep the party going without me. I will be right back." he put the champagne glass down, got up and put on his trousers.

Before Carl got to his computer, Evelyn sent the serial number.

It was Caroline's Phone she wanted to unlock.

She needed to know everything about her before she can come up with how to deal with her.

Evelyn was holding the phone when the screen light came up and the phone unlocked. Carl had unlocked it from his computer.

Evelyn began accessing the phone: she checked her photos, videos, and social media accounts. With that she was able to know about her friends and family - basically everything about her.

Caroline's dad was not in the picture - that was because her dad was not in her life. She only had a mother, who lived far away: there was a picture of her on the phone, Caroline took it the last time she visited, which was seven months ago and she uploaded it on her Instagram page and added the location. The date she posted the picture and the details of the picture on her phone, corresponded.

Evelyn also took her ID card from her purse earlier before leaving the house. With that, she was able to get her home address and her place of work.

- Caroline Bright wasn't bright after all. And again, she wasn't expecting Evelyn to be a psychopath. She thought the worst that could happen will be a catfight.

Except, her cat has come to the den of lions.

Evelyn found out some interesting things about Caroline through her social media: she loved to bake, she had a neighbor friend, a male friend named Collins, she uploaded every day to her Instagram, and she also found out that she was on work leave.

"That explains the time she had to think of coming into my house."

Evelyn dropped the phone on the passenger seat, and rested her head at the back of the driver seat, thinking about her husband. The man she had loved from high school, the man she will go to heaven and hell for. She always believes she and Jeremy are against the world. Now she realized it was her against Jeremy and his mistress.

One side of her wanted to punish Jeremy for what he has done. After everything she had been through with him... She wanted him to suffer.

The other side wanted to keep her husband, again 'after everything she had been through with him'.

They've been married for over seven years, but they have no children. Not because Evelyn was barren or something wrong with Jeremy, but every time, Jeremy will come up with some sort of excuse of how children will be a distraction for both of them.

She aborted three pregnancies already. And anytime she tried to keep the pregnancy without telling her husband, somehow she always had a miscarriage.

Touching her stomach, Evelyn looked down and robbed her hand on her belly. She was afraid if Jeremy found out she was pregnant again, he will want her to get rid of it.

Now she knows why. Now she knows the reason Jeremy doesn't want kids with her. He wanted to keep her but he doesn't want to have a family with her.

She scoffed. Pure wickedness.

Evelyn picked up her phone and called her husband.

"Baby," Jeremy said the minute he picked up.

"I'm missing you," Evelyn replied.

He giggled over the phone, "I will soon be home. The client will sign the deal by Wednesday." That next tomorrow. "I will be home by Thursday babe. I miss you too."

She wasn't sure if he was lying or telling the truth. Jeremy has always been the perfect husband. So she thought. Not in a million years will Evelyn suspect he had been cheating on her with Caroline for seven years.

"How could this be happening and I never noticed?" she thought to herself.

"Come home, safe babe."

"I will.
Babe, I've got to go. I will talk to you later. I love you" He said and hung up.

Evelyn kept the phone to her ear till she heard the three beeps at the end of the call.

She sighed heavily. Water rolled down from her eyes, she allowed herself to give way to the tears. When she was done, she wiped her tears, and let out a deep breath.

"Game on."

She picked up her phone and called Carl again. She asked for the voice changer app. "Send it to this phone now. It's urgent."

"Evelyn, what are you up to this time?"

"Just send the damn app Carl." She commanded and hugged up the call.

She started the car, adjusted the car gear, "Let's go home".

***************************

Thank you so much for reading.

Please Note that this book has not been through any editing process. This is my first draft. I apologize for all the errors and mistakes.

Love
T/W