Game Over

Evelyn Closed her eyes and stayed silent for a while, when she opened them, all eyes were looking back at her, waiting for her orders.

"Ben... You, Owen, and Joe; get down there.
     ...Whatever happens; don't engage, — but by all means... Rebecca must not leave that house tonight.

"I have a surprise for her."

"Copy!" Ben and his team gather their gear and leave the room.

"Jo, get in touch with the NYPD, anonymous caller. You got something for them.

"Carl... Rebecca Jones details; Her face before and after, put them together with this..." glancing at the screen, "With her location; let the NYPD have it.

"I promise Jeffrey McCormick I will get him a promoti...." Evelyn squeezed her face in pain as she groaned softly. "Ahhh!"

"Eve, are you okay?" Carl asked.

Joanna turned back at Carl's voice. "What's wrong?" she asked with concern.

"Nothing, I just feel a sharp pain in my stomach."

"Did the baby kick?" Carl asked.

"He's not old enough to kick," Evelyn replied.

"Have you had anything to eat today?"

"Yeah, I had snacks and coffee at the office.
     ....I'm fine, just get to it."

They nodded.

Evelyn sat back as Carl and Joanna began to work on her instructions.

              *45 minutes later*

Ben radios in, "We are in position.

"Stay invisible," Evelyn instructed, "you will have company soon."

Joanna walked closer, "The NYPD are on their way. "

"Good,"

"Are you okay? You don't look so good."

Swallowing hard her silver, she breathed, "I feel weak. I must be tired."

"Bring me my phone."

Joanna took the phone beside Carl and brought it to her.

She dialed Caroline's number.

At the sound of her phone ring, Caroline dropped the cutlass she was holding and moved to the table where the phone was.

The kitchen was already messy with Jeremy's blood all over the place.

She stared at the screen, 'Evelyn Bowels'. She smiled and removed her right-hand glove before she answered.

" Twice in one day. — To what do I owe this pleasure; don't tell me you miss my voice already?"

"You're a very special type of beast Rebecca," she said slowly, "you should have come work for me."

"It amazes me how you've always seemed so in control Evelyn. But I have to say, this game is over now."

"I'm sure it is..."

Walking to the washing sink,
    "For what it's worth Evelyn, I took care of Jeremy for you, I know you could never have done it yourself." Opened the tap to wash Jeremy's blood off her hands.

"Do you think that water will be enough to wash the blood away?"

Caroline jacked up, peeked through the window,

" What are you looking for? I'm not there."

Caroline scanned around with her eyes.

"Did I not tell Jeremy I have God's eyes?