Chapter 2 - Cryogenic awakening

As the first planet that was discovered by humans and had success in the migration, Heaven Dou already had a history of over a thousand years. This planet was approximately two-thirds of Douluo; 54 percent of its surface was covered by the ocean, and out of it, 40 percent was freshwater while the remaining 60 percent was seawater.

There were no life forms on the surface of the planet at first. Humans then migrated over and relied on the power of science and technology to develop the entire planet.

Even though Heaven Dou didn’t have any life forms, its environment was 80 percent similar to Douluo. According to scientists’ assessment, as long as the first living cell appeared, it might only require ten thousand years or so for a civilized planet to be born. And with the arrival of the interstellar colony, it had undoubtedly sped up the process.

The reason why it was named as Heaven Dou was to commemorate the fact that it was once the strongest country in Soul Land.

Ever since the disaster caused by the spirit beasts that happened ten thousand years ago, the entire Douluo profited from the catastrophe and started to evolve. Humans subsequently let go of their former hatred too. At that time, the Soul Federation, Heaven Dou Empire, and Star Luo Empire that ruled almost the whole world has undergone almost a hundred years of negotiation and peace talks before they decided to merge; they were still known as Soul Federation. The original Heaven Dou Empire and Star Luo Empire became two independent regions that were historically known as Heaven Dou Independent autonomous region and Star Luo autonomous region. They governed themselves individually, but the resources were shared with the federation. Thereby, speeding up scientific exploration and research.

The Douluo planet that Soul Land was on was now called Mother Planet, and as the first planet that had the first migration, Heaven Dou had the best developments. Other than the fact that the overall energy level could not be compared with Mother Planet, there wasn’t much difference between Heaven Dou and the Mother Planet. Above all, Heaven Dou had an abundance of minerals; they had all sorts of uncommon metals and because of this, mankind had more motivation to continue with the immigration. One had to know that the number of resources used up for interstellar migration was astronomical.

In the headquarters of the Federal Scientific Research Institute, Heaven Dou’s subsidiary institute was conducting an epoch-making scientific experiment.

In the gigantic domed scientific lab, there were over hundreds of scientists each occupied with their own tasks. And in the middle of the lab, inside a giant petri dish, there was a human figure soaked in liquid.

“Get ready to start increasing the temperature, add the highly concentrated biological nutrients and get ready to inject the soul guidance energy,” an elderly scientist with white hair ordered in a low voice as he stood at the main seat.

Due to the murky liquid in the petri dish, the life form could not be seen clearly but all the scientists were very nervous at this moment.

This was a cryogenic awakening experiment. The specimen was found 300 years ago in the Extreme North of the Mother Planet. The body was preserved extremely well, and there were no wounds at all. As the technology was not perfect at that time, there was no attempt made to thaw it.

In the recent thousand years, following the development of more planets by mankind, they found more specimens and technology started to advance by leaps and bounds. They had already successfully undergone many cryogenic awakening experiments, and a few life forms that were frozen for countless years were also successfully awakened.

And this corpse before them was preserved for over thousand of years. This was the very first time in the history that they were thawing a corpse that was frozen for so long, and according to the scientists, the thing in the ice might have lived in a different era. If the awakening was successful, it would bring about not only scientific significance but historic as well.