Chapter 61 - Two colonels

The new school year begins at the Heaven Luo Academy, Zi Luo Branch!

Early in the morning, Soul Guidance flying cars of various colors gathered at the academy's building; even a rare traffic jam occurred.

The eight months apart with his family did not go to waste because Lan Xiao was promoted due to his outstanding performance during the interstellar exploration. Although there was no change to his duties, it was clear that he would most likely have a transfer. According to Lan Xiao, there was a high chance that he would be moved to a higher level research center in Heaven Luo City.

Which meant that they might need to move from Zi Luo City to Heaven Luo City.

Even Nan Cheng thought that this was quite a coincidence because she immediately recalled that Heaven Luo Academy would be admitting students for the elite junior class. This meant that they were going to Heaven Luo City anyway if Lan Xuanyu got into the elite junior class!

Hence, Nan Cheng nagged at Lan Xuanyu repeatedly before school today.

Sometimes it was hard to not believe in luck. Lan Xiao was promoted and if Lan Xuanyu got into the elite junior class, it would be quite an upgrade for their entire family.

"Alright, go in, then." Lan Xiao smiled as he watched his son enter the school. 'Second grade! My son has grown much taller too.'

'

"Goodbye, Daddy." Lan Xuanyu waved towards Lan Xiao with a wide smile. It has been so long since his Daddy sent him to school.

"Goodbye." Lan Xiao smiled and nodded.

Just as he was about to turn around and leave, he saw a familiar figure. Ye Feng was still clad in his uniform as he walked over with Ye Lingtong with a frosty expression. Lan Xiao straightened up instinctively but he immediately realized that there was actually a star lesser on Ye Feng's epaulet.

He saw two stripes and three stars, just like him, they were both colonels.

"Sir, it's been a long time since we last met," Lan Xiao said as he greeted him.

Ye Feng who looked much more haggard than him sighed. "I'm no longer a senior officer, I've been transferred to another post but I have to congratulate you, you've been promoted!" As he was a senior colonel initially, he knew how tough it was to be promoted in the military.

"Daddy, I'm leaving." Ye Lingtong said to Ye Feng urgently as she obviously saw Lan Xuanyu's back in the crowd.

"Go on." Ye Feng rubbed his daughter's head.

The two of them watched as their children went into the academy. Lan Xiao then said, "Sir, what happened? Is it okay for me to ask?"

Just like how tough it was to be promoted, it was difficult to be demoted too. One had to put in so much effort in order to be promoted but once you are promoted, it would be a huge thing.

Ye Feng smiled bitterly. "I'm alright and if you're okay, maybe we can go for a cup of coffee?"

Lan Xiao responded with a nod. "Sure! That would be my pleasure."

The man before him was an eight Spirit Rings Duolo and also, he was a main battle Spirit Duoluo. Lan Xiao obviously couldn't compare his status in the military with him.

Both of them got out of the academy, agreed on a place and drove their respective cars to a nearby cafe.

"Sir"

"Don't call me Sir any more, just call me by my name."

"Alright, Ye Feng, what exactly happened?" Lan Xiao asked doubtfully.