Chapter 45: Golden-patterned Blue Silver Grass

The increase in Spiritual Power not only allowed Lan Xuanyu to be stronger in his control of the elements, but it also raised his sense of awareness. All he felt was a tightness around his hip, a strong sense of danger came and he raised his knee instinctively, blocking the heel of Ye Lingtong.

"Bang!" Lan Xuanyu flew up a meter because of this kick.

Ye Lingtong wouldn't spare him. She used the momentum from her attack earlier to deliver another kick meant to strike his chest.

Lan Xuanyu was helpless in midair and at this very moment, something Nana said to him surfaced in his head.

"You must remember to put safety first no matter what. When there is danger threatening your safety, be sure to give it your all. You must not put yourself in danger just to hide the ability of your right hand."

Nana was especially stern when she told him that, which was why Lan Xuanyu could remember it so clearly because he was the one who told Nana that Lan Xiao didn't allow him to simply use the power on his right hand.

That thought flashed by in his head as he clenched his right fist. The golden-patterned Blue Silver Grass drilled out of his palm in an instant like thin strings of bandages that soon wrapped his right arm.

An indescribable strength coursed through Lan Xuanyu's body as a faint golden light flickered beneath his eyes. He waved his right arm and grabbed ahold of Ye Lingtong's incoming left leg.

"Pop!"

When his arm swung out, Lan Xuanyu could feel a lot of confidence rising in his heart; it even had a tinge of desire for violence. Everything around him seemed to have slowed down including Ye Lingtong's incoming left leg. He felt that his moves were incredibly accurate as well.

Ye Lingtong felt disdainful when she saw Lan Xuanyu using his hand to grab her leg. Although she was a girl, she's confident about her strength especially when she's in the state of her Celestial Body; even the most powerful attack-type student like Lan Xuanyu would be no match for her.

But when her leg came into contact with his hand, she felt like she had just kicked a metal board. Right after that, a sort of trembling that evolved from the depths of her soul burst forth. She felt limp as the pain grew all over her body. She merely groaned softly and her entire body went soft like a boneless snake.

Lan Xuanyu had already raised his left hand at first but he didn't expect that the strong Ye Lingtong would collapse all of a sudden after coming into contact with his right hand.

The teachers were flabbergasted at this sudden change too and Lan Xuanyu instinctively retracted the golden-patterned Blue Silver Grass from his right hand.

Everything happened so quickly that even the teachers didn't see what exactly happened.

Lan Xuanyu released her leg and Ye Lingtong, whose body had gone limp, was finally fully on the ground with that intense palpitation leaving her gasping for air.