Chapter 39 - Danger

Lan Xuanyu raised his left hand and the silver-patterned Blue Silver Grass appeared from his palm. When faced with pressure, the leaves of the Blue Silver Grass would turn the other way to wrap around his arm starting from his fingers without his control.

Lan Xuanyu immediately felt that his perception of his surroundings became more sensitive when the Blue Silver Grass was released; he could even feel the strength of Nana's pressure. The water elements came together and automatically formed a layer of protection that covered him.

Just at this moment, he suddenly felt a change of pressure. It was no longer coming from all of his sides and it became stronger in some areas while being weak in the other. He swiftly controlled his water shield and made some changes to resist those areas with a stronger pressure and he tried his best to keep it.

A smile appeared at the corners of Nana's lips. She didn't have to instruct him at all. A smart child would naturally react to the strength of her aura..

In just a moment, Lan Xuanyu started to feel tired. His Spirit Power could not keep up at all so after reaching a certain level of pressure, Nana stopped increasing its strength and instead, she maintained it at that level while constantly changing the ways on how she pressures him.

Other than being drained out of his Spirit Power, he was also being mentally drained as he kept controlling his water shield but the pressure didn't disappear at all.

Nan Cheng felt the same way as her son. Although she was Ranked Six, the pressure put on her was obviously more intense. The back of her shirt was soaked in sweat already without her knowledge. She could see that her son had released his water shield and seemed to be in the same condition as her.

Amazing! She was performing two acts at once, giving both her and her son different pressures yet her control was so delicate and precise. Her power of control was really strong.

"Esteemed One, I..." At that moment, Nan Cheng had already given up completely and she felt that she was almost unable to tolerate anything further.

"Press on." Nana's voice rang in her ears.

"Ah?" Nan Cheng went blank.

"You're stuck in a bottleneck because you are overprotective of yourself. You will never reach your limit. There is no outside pressure so the increase of your rank would of course be slower." Nana voice echoed by her ears once again.

"Alright." Nan Cheng could only smile bitterly as she agreed. She couldn't say that she wasn't keen on increasing her rank since she was just a researcher.

She obviously didn't feel pressured since she wasn't a Battle Spirit Master.

Then, the pressure used on her was increased.

And on the other side, Lan Xuanyu was facing a similar situation. After the pressure was maintained for some time, it suddenly increased. Lan Xuanyu opened his mouth, he wanted to shout but he realized that he could not make a sound or get distracted at all.