interlude \\ 64

Laundry love by @caffeine_addict is so good oh my gosh it's hilarious read it read it read it. I swear, I love Adrian as much as (or more) than cam ok.

86 the last chapter from your brains pls. I'm sorry; it's coming i swear, but that was too rushed.
***
"Hey, girl, hey." I turn at the familiar voice, encountering a mouthful of my own hair.

Alex sprints down the hallway lankily, messenger bag flapping, sneakers thumping. He sweeps straight sweepy hair out of his face and grins he steps up next to me, tongue ring flashing.

"Does that line work on everyone?" I can't help smiling in return, then glancing girlishly at the floor.

"I don't know, I've never said it before." I giggle, and he knocks his shoulder into mine.

"Smooth."

"I know. So how was your day?" He takes long strides but slows noticeably so I don't have to hurry after him.

"Good. I had chocolate cake for lunch."

"How healthy of you." I peek at him to the side, and he's smiling at me with a piece of that straight, light-catching hair falling into his eyes. He pushes the double doors open for me, making me duck under his arm to get outside.

"Did you have a good day?"

"It was great; I downloaded some new Fall Out Boy songs."

"Which ones?"

"Well, there was "Uma Thurman" and "The Kids Aren't Alright." Got me though Canadian History."

"I'm so glad I took that last semester."

"You should be. With Henderson it's like you're in a sleep study." I snort, and he chuckles, ducking his head. "So, are you going to Gabriel's party Friday night?"

"At his house?"

"Yeah, I guess his family is going away for the week. His older brother's staying with him but Gabe says he's cool with it." I bet Cam would be cool with it.

"Oh..."

"Please come? It'll be fun. You don't have to even drink... just hang out."

"I guess... sure?"

"Awesome. I'll pick you up."