89

"I just have to ask you something. Before tonight."

"Okay..."

"Who's Cassidy?"

"Who?"

"Cassidy."

"I heard you the first time, Katherine. I don't know a Cassidy."

"Well... Holden..."

"Again, who?"

"Cam! The guy who answered your phone when you forgot it at your drunk friend's house!"

"The only one there was Austin. Well, and Dallas, but he's was smashed."

"I'll ask about their names later. Anyway, he said his name was Holden Caulfield... stop laughing. I know, okay? I thought it was a coincidence."

"Dallas' favourite book is The Catcher."

"I should have known."

"So, why are you asking about a girl I've never met?"

"Because he started talking about the girl you were cray about; the one he knew you were crazy about because you didn't talk about her. Cassidy."

"Or, Katherine. He was drunk, and he's also an idiot. The only person, since fifth grade, I've been crazy about, is you."

"..."

"There's the smile."

"What about fifth grade?"

"Well... I started watching Who's The Boss, and I decided I was crazy about this girl named Melody in my class."

"How'd that turn out?"

"Well, she came out of the closet in six years ago, about as well as you can imagine."

"Oh... well, then."

"So, are you going to bail on me again?"

"No."

"This was the reason for the text?"

"Yes."

"Oh, Katherine."
***
Oooooo look how everything is working out (:

This is #6 in short story rn ahaha!!