interlude \\ 81 *

"So," Alex walks beside me with long swinging arms and hair sweeping over his eyes. "How's your boyfriend?"

I squint down the sunny sidewalk, crossing my arms protectively around my ribs. "Um, nonexistent."

"Oh... sorry." His mouth twists, ruefully.

"I was mistaken before." I tell him, feeling warmth rise to my cheeks. My hair is loose and blowing away from my face, irritatingly. "We're not... anything."

"Well... what are you doing tomorrow? Hey, are you cold?" Before I answer, he drapes an arm around my shoulders snugging me into his side. His t-shirt is warmwarmwarm but it's not the same as...

"Sunday?" I uncross my arms, letting the warmth of his side seep into me. It's gorgeously sunny but the wind is horrendous.

"Why?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to see movie or drive out of the city for a bit."

"Drive out of the city?" I arch an eyebrow. "You have a car?"

"Yeah. I thought we could go stargazing or something."

Stargazing is his.

"Um, maybe some other time. I have plans."

Plans of snoozing on the couch and watching movies while waiting for Cam to go outside.

***

I am far too lazy to figure out how to get rid of the italics.

It's interlude instead of intermission now because that's more apt.