VII - Glenda

"Lolita?" He said my name once again,  repeating himself

"Lolita?" He said my name once again, repeating himself. Maybe it was the shock. I didn't know, neither did I care. My eyes were fixed on the person before me.

"I do stand before you." Morpheus voice was deep and calm, making my heart jump all the way up to my throat. Maybe for once, it was worse than any lie, it was the truth.

"I can't believe this, I just can't,"
I said, stepping forward. He automatically took a step backwards, as if I could get too close.
A grown man, dressed like a shadow, appearing out of nowhere.
A nightmare come to life.
I looked him up and down in a rush.
Or perhaps not a nightmare. Perhaps only a dream.

"I thought it'd be best to visit you here."
He stepped out of the mess that was strawberry jam mixed with glass.
His eyes were once more sour- Was he uncomfortable? I couldn't tell.

"To prove that," My hands were still shaking as I grabbed for my basket. His gaze found the anxieties on my body fast-like, yet his mouth didn't escape a word.

"I am a Dream?"

He nodded to my mental assistance. "Once again, you belong to me. I should've guided you through the Dreaming long ago." He made me walk before him, which got me nervous. So nervous, I forgot all about the broken Jam on the floor. You belong to me. It was the second time he'd told me so, still I didn't get used to it.

I tried to process everything clearly in my mind, when I heard a familiar voice on the other side of the shop.

"Lolita?" Glenda called. My body froze at the cash register.
I looked back at her, standing in full view, Morpheus following my gaze. He stiffened. "You know her?" No. No, I don't. Definitely don't. She smiled her welcoming smile, her new multicolored curls bouncing up and down as she stood. She was probably ten years older than me. Always in a weirdly good mood. As I looked at her,
I realized: Lord, I did kind of miss her, didn't I?

"Lovely, it's been so long! Or was it- Having problems with getting your eyes closed?" She rushed over to me, taking me into a big hug. I fell into her embrace right away, in need of it.
"No, not anymore." Never, really.
"What? Nevermind. You know, I saw this stunning little," Morpheus stepped in immediately, touching Glenda by her shoulder, lowering his head.

"What are you doing here?" She just stared at him, wide-eyed. Same as I.
She could see him, I could see him and on top of that, they knew each other.

The man that was haunting my dreams knew the women who sold me my pills. Glenda turned back to me, smiling wide. That's when I saw her eyes.