XXVII - Cemetery

➤ "Let's save the fucking world then. Why not?"

"Quite an unusual place to clear your head

"Quite an unusual place to clear your head." Aziraphale spoke to Crowley in a quiet voice, as if I wasn't standing right next to them.

Right after Crowley had told me about the whole world coming to an end, I couldn't much hold back my screaming thoughts of lunatic cries.

I agreed to helping him and laughed like a maniac, before the tears came streaming down my face like a tsunami, shaking up my whole body.

Crowley had sat right next to me, suddenly taking care of the curves, his face a mess of indecisiveness.
He patted my back, which made me cry louder in response.

I guess I needed that cry.

I needed it since I had been murdered and send down to hell.
I wish I could say I was tough, strong, brave and fierce like that, but I was not.

It felt like I would carry hells pictures and dread forever with me.

The harsh reality was that I was not strong enough and no, thruthfully, I had every right to cry just like a little child, lost in a crowded mall after letting go off their mothers hand.

How come society made me feel so incredibly embarrassed about letting go? Lifting some weight off my chest?
It seemed highly unfair. Then again, nothing was fair.

Not in hell, not on earth, probably not even in heaven.

"Er- Na, na. Don't cry." Crowley had tried to soothe me through the ride, padding my shoulder as if I were a dog. I laughed through my tears, his obliviousness somehow ridiculous.

"Crowley, just don't get us into a crash!" I cried on all miserable, making his hands go back to the steering wheel, his mouth drawn to a thin, confused line of helplessness.
He looked like my dad in that moment, when I'd told him I was an alien at the age of ten. Completely lost.

"What do you, er, need?" Crowley stopped the car, watching me harshly wipe the tears off my cheeks, holding on to my imploding temples. I didn't want to cry any longer and- "I just want him to stand here, right next to me." I spoke, my nose closed, my throat sore.

Crowley nodded, aware that I was talking about Morpheus. "Sadly can't give you that-" He started, to which I gave him a small smile of gratitude. At least he tried.

"But, you know, maybe somewhere I could drive you? Places often help." He suggested, to which another voice called. I looked over at the bookshop. I hadn't even realized we'd stopped here.

"Crowley, look at her! Shouldn't you take care of her!" Crowley rolled his eyes at the Angel, whilst I got out the car, seating me at the back.
"Young Lady, you can sit at front!"
I shook my head, still smiling, though my face must've looked red, swollen and wet.