XXVIII - I Do

➤ "My God, I thought.
This wasn't heaven.
This had to be Paradise.
It had to be Paradise for sure."

We held the marriage amongst close relatives; only those loyal to both Morpheus and I were invited

We held the marriage amongst close relatives; only those loyal to both Morpheus and I were invited. Lucienne was there, hushing me around like a mother would.
Death came to visit too, as morbid as it sounds; Laughing her time away with Matthew, who seemed as enthusiastic as she was.

Let's not forget about Mervyn, with his cigar hanging from his mouth.
Trying my best with a pout, I asked him once more: Mervyn, can I get one of your cigars? And he didn't nudge, holding one out for me, making my brows rise in response. (It would stay between my left index and middle finger like a charm throughout the vows.)

"Er, alright, go on then." Crowley said, standing in front of Jessamy's beautiful grave, me and Morpheus before it.
We had decided on the cemetery, for obvious reasons; memories close to our hearts. I was facing the Lord of my Dreams - all Dreams -, as he was facing me with those stunning steel blue eyes, running me over like a tide.

He wore the same black coat I'd first met him in, only I was wearing a cheap little white dress, bought from a little second-hand store around the corner from the bookshop.

"I would've created a bigger wedding dress if you'd asked me to." I smiled at him, teasing. "What, you don't like this one?" I felt his eyes run my statue up and down, warmth spreading through my body, down to my fingertips. I was afraid the cigar would light up in my hand.

"You should know that I'm unable to dislike anything about you, Lolita."
I let my right hand intertwine with his,
his thumb drawing soft circles across my palm. Crowley coughed once more, waiting for the both of us to finally say our serious vows, finishing up the made-up ceremony.

Aziraphale warned his close "friend" with a shoulder-nudge, at the verge of tears from our silly little dress-talk.
I turned back to Morpheus, who still watched me, making me lower my gaze in embarrassment. His palm lay on my cheek then, raising my
eyes to his.

"Lolita Salinger," He spoke, making everything around us go quiet. 
And then it was only the both of us.
The both of us against it all.

"I promise to love you," He said, stopping short, making my breath hitch inside my throat. "I love you."
He repeated himself, making my face crumble in itself, my grip tightening on his hand, my other hand still occupied by Mervyn's unlit cigarette.

"I love you, and I promise to love you, protect you, be with you, through the best and worst of times. Till the end of time, the end of existence. The end of all." I heard Aziraphale cry next to us, Crowley taking him inside his arms.

"Without you, I'd slowly lose touch to hope. To something, somewhere, making eternity bearable. Now that you are here," I took a step forward, my head right besides his, cheek on cheek, taking in a shaky breath.

"Now that you are here," He repeated, breathing in, his hands locking at the back of my spine. "I have everything I'd ever wished for. Everything I ever wanted." My tears ran down my cheeks silently, touching his skin.

"Morpheus," I said quietly, trying to keep my voice steady. "I promise to love you, protect you, cherish you inside my heart; through the worst of times, the best of them. Make you feel my love for all eternity," I had to stop.

This was it, I thought, opening my eyes, watching the sun go down on us. A soft red glow shining across the cemetery where he'd once told me I belonged to him all along.

Memories of us came crashing down on me, and I was falling in love. And this wasn't fleeting love; it was eternal. Eternal love of which I wanted more. More moments with him; I wanted to fall even harder.

"Make you feel my love for all eternity," I repeated, feeling his lips touch my temple, calmness rippling through my bones.

"For I had never seen a reason to live, until I met you."

˚  THE END ˚

˚ ˚

"Lolita-

You are made of dreams.

You belong to me."

"I do

"I do."

˚ ˚

— A/N

I'm just speechless

I'm just speechless. I don't even know what to say. It hurts to let this go- All I know is that I'm so thankful.

I also hope this ending wasn't too abrupt for you, I really tried to write it steady (for a fanfic at least) and not out of the blue!

So, I made this little fanfic for you - the readers - and I hope you enjoyed this journey as much as I did.

Thank you so much for your support, this would've never happened without you <3

With much love,
Author ♡

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐢𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞 | 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐮𝐬 🎉