Chapter 28

A few minutes earlier...

Jungkook was searching for woonie everywhere but he can't find him. he checked in the store rooms, the hallways, and the other rooms but still no sign of him. he made sure to check underneath tables and chairs hoping woonie would be hiding there cause he is sneaky and likes to play around sometimes.

The younger was supposed to be in the middle of the speeches listening to Mr. Kang and the company that the restaurant is going to collaborate with. he still can't find woonie and he is beginning to get worried.

An unsettling feeling erupted in him as he double checked the place. he made sure to tell the staff to make announcements for

woonie. his eyes began watering as scary thoughts conquered his mind.

What if woonie went missing? Woonie definitely wouldn't had left the younger. He is here somewhere, Jungkook can feel it.

he dialed Hoseok's phone number so that he can tell Hoseok about the situation, Hoseok lifted the call after 2 rings: "Hey Kookie any luck in finding woonie yet?" he asked the younger as the younger walked around the hallways looking for

woonie. "N-no I cant find him anywhere. hyung I'm really scared he doesn't know his way around this place!" Jungkook tensed up.

he had reached the stage room where the speeches were taken place in.

"Calm down Kookie. I checked the kitchen but he is not here, he must be somewhere around the place, did you

look everywhere?" Hoseok asked the younger and the younger had realized that he didn't check the stage room. he took in a deep breath "I didn't look in the stage room." he peered at the huge crowd through the glass door. His eyes scanning the crowd if there was woonie, he was too lost to see who was on the stage speaking.

"Look in there and if you don't find him then call me. I'll check for him once again around the kitchen." Hoseok said and Jungkook heard rustling over the phone indicating that later. he cut the call not leaving his gaze off the crowd as he pushed open the glass doors and stepped inside the stage room.

Laughter and clapping blasted around the room. he was still looking at every single person in the crowd too busy to even look at the stage.

he brushed through people checking if there was any child here with blond hair like woonie's. But in return he got a lot of confused looks off people.

he stumbled upon something behind him, it felt like a wall but he didn't remember seeing any wall here considering he is in the middle of the room. he shut his eyes and waited for the impact to come but it never did. he felt hands on his arm preventing him from falling onto the floor.

he slowly opened his eyes as they immediately met with chocolate-ty ones.

He is here...

Taehyung is actually here, he is really here and the younger is definitely not hallucinating...

____________

Taehyung kept staring deep into the younger's bambi eyes for god knows how long and he felt the younger doing the same thing too but reflecting hurt in return. "Let me go" Jungkook scowled at Taehyung. he turned his head away from the elder when there was a throat clearing.

Taehyung never took his gaze off the younger. Jungkook struggled against the elder's tight hold on his upper arm but the elder still didn't let go. "I see you've met the organizer of this event." Mr. kang chuckled lightly and it was the elder's turn to look at him.

"This is Jungkook, the organizer of this event, and Jungkook dear, this is Kim Taehyung the CEO of Kim corporations. I haven't seen you dear anywhere during the speeches.... where were you?" Jungkook pushed the elder away from him and the scowl on his face was replaced with a forced smile, whilst the elder stumbled slightly but balanced himself.

Taehyung was about to tell Mr. Kang that he knew Jungkook already but the younger bet him to it. "Good to meet you Mr. Kim . I'm really sorry that I wasn't able to attend the speeches cause I was busy." he explained not truthfully. "I'm gonna have to excuse myself now." without another word Jungkook turned on his heels and sprinted away like he was in a hurry.

"I think he has something urgent to deal with in the preparations however he puts in his best effort int-" Taehyung wasted no time in ignoring Mr. Kang and ran behind the younger. he knows that was disrespectful but he thinks Jungkook needs explain why he left the elder and Taehyung is not letting him go this time.

Jungkook zoomed off into the hallways as his sobs echoed around them the elder was just a few steps behind him. "Jungkook stop!" he yelled following the younger's tracks. "Kook please stop!" the elder caught hold of his arm and spun him around. Jungkook clenched his eyes shut sobbing.

"Look at me and tell me why you left me." Taehyung said sternly hoping the younger would open his eyes but all he did was cry harder.

Taehyung knows this will frighten him but it's the only way the younger will listen to him or else he'd run away once again giving him no explanation. The elder is very close and he need answers....

Taehyung's eyes softened looking at the younger's horrified ones.

"Why did you leave me kook? You know I searched for you everywhere and I finally found you after 2 months. I thought you loved me. I love you so, so much." with that the elder descended his lips to the younger's one's.

Jungkook didn't respond to his kiss, instead he pushed the elder away for him with all his strength and wiped his tears away. His chest heaved up and down in anger. "No you don't! You lied to me!" he glared at the elder with full rage. "What do you mean?" Taehyung asked in a broken voice.

"I don't want to see your face ever again." The younger screamed then once again turned around running away and leaving the elder completely dumbfounded.

Lies? Jungkook was never any of these words, I've never lied to him about my love...

Taehyung gathered all his strength and began to run after him but a hand on his shoulder stopped him. he turned to look at who it was and to his relief it was Namjoon wearing a sad look. "joonie look he ran away! We need to catch up with him" Taehyung panicked, he is not letting Jungkook go.

"Let him go, he needs time for himself. he left you cause he saw you and I think he got scared." he smiled sadly before patting Taehyung's back in comfort, Taehyung shook his head. "No! I am looking for him now." Taehyung stubbornly said and walked away from Namjoon and into the hallways yelling for Jungkook on the top of his lungs.

"Where are you kook? I need you back.

Please come back or I won't be able to bear the pain of losing you again."

______

Jungkook dashed through different rooms and corridors, crying. he was leaning against a wall, sobbing like crazy.

How could the elder even say that he loved him when the elder clearly didn't that day?

All of these lies do nothing but just break the younger more.....

Tears sprang to his eyes as he wiped them away. he quickly hid in a room behind the door so that Taehyung won't find him.

His eyes winded in sudden realization.

Where's woonie? I need to find him! He could be anywhere now!

he heard quiet rustling beside him as sweat beads formed on his forehead. he couldn't see who it was cause the room was dark. "T-Taehyung?" he whispered slowly thinking it was him. Footsteps emerged closer towards him as he wrapped his arms around himself in a protective way.

"Who's there?" he asked increasing his voice.

The person chuckled. "Kookie, still haven't changed have you?" the younger shivered when the person that was definitely not Taehyung touched his neck. "Who are you?" he trembled uncontrollably.

"Your bestie." The person said and then Jungkook felt a sting in his neck before he completely blacked out.

______________
🔷Thanks for voting 🔷