Chapter 17

Today is a very special day for the Askart, today is the first ever birthday of the young master of the Grand duchy and a really grand celebration is held.

In just a week ago everybody was busy for the grand preparation, the servant and the Marchioness Suleira were busy decorating the banquet hall, the chefs were busy preparing food and the tailor, jeweler and knights.

'Do I really have to wear this dress tightly?' Ashtherielle asked, she already 4 years old.

Ashtherielle is wearing the matching dress with the Askart's crest with her mother, everybody is delighted seeing her wear matching dress with her mother especially her mother.

"My daughter, is so pretty!" he duchess delightfully shouted and hugged Ashthy tightly.

Someone knocked on the door and as it opened, Larkis holding the young Laxier in his hands came in. The four look so wonderful wearing matching outfits, the servants felt blessed just by seeing them.

"Wha! Your highness', you all look stunning!" Ran squeal in delight.

"You all look expensive." Rel commented, "But, princess is something that's bothering you?" she asked at Ashthy after noticing her feeling down.

"The Lady. Anyone, call the physician!" Ran keep shouting and everyone went panic, "The lady. The lady is not feeling well!"

'What the. This again?' Larkis and Ashtherielle thought at the same time and shown the same expression.

"I'm fine, I'm just... Hungry." Ashtherielle answer and everyone paused.

"Hungry?" Ran asked at Rel and after a few seconds of silence and peace.

"Ran, Rel!" Astoria shouted.

Ran and Ren came out running of the room running in hurry towards the kitchen, and Denrik with Luis holding a bag of cookies walk in the room.

"Brother just in time, cookies!" Astoria shouted and Denrik who is puzzled handed the bag of cookies to her.

"Is something that matters? Why are Ashthy's ladies-in-waiting running in such a hurry?" Denrik asked to Astoria who is feeding Ashtherielle the cookies.

"It's nothing really, they are just overly acting for a small matter." Larkis explained and gently handed Laxier in the hands of Denrik, "But why is my daughter hungry, is someone embezzling funs right under his nose...?"

'Aren't you overly acting too..?' Ashtherielle emotionlessly thought.

***

Even though it's the first birthday celebration this is still more than enough—no this is overwhelmingly grand as if the crown prince is getting married as expected of my dumb father.

"Ashtherielle."

He never fails to made my spines shiver everytime he calls my name.

I turned around as Ehrlich called out my name, he is looking really handsome tonight almost everyone is staring at him.

"What?" I asked and he just stared at me with his emotionless eyes.

In my four years of living in this world, I see his face almost everyday and he kept bothering me. This prince have a lot of free time, rather than studying or anything he spends most of his time bothering and ruining my life.

"Little lady!"

Another Bothersome creature arrived.

Calrin came and walk towards our direction he is smiling as usual with his eyes closed and a beautiful lady is following him and her face is reflecting her job, she looks really tired and anger.

Calrin would sometimes come to me and would talk about his plan when his pretty aid would finally agree with his proposal and it's really tiring.

I wonder how, there is a lot of people inside this banquet hall but these two still found me.

"Greetings lady of Askart. I'm Alya Stewart, the third child of Marquess Stewart." she politely introduced herself to me.

"Ashtherielle Askart, first born child of Grand Duke
Askart." I introduce myself with courtesy and she slightly smiled at me leaving me astonished by her beauty.

No wonder why Calrin fall head over heels, because she is really beautiful. But I couldn't remember if there's such a character in the novel, though, Marquess Stewart was... As I remember he was the most loyal supporter of the first prince and was killed by Ehrlich that is.

"My lady are you not feeling well?" Lady Steward asked and place her palm on my forehead, I shake my head and she smiled in relief.

"Whaa... You both look so cute!" Calrin clingly said and the two took a step back.

***

The hall became more noisy and everyone's eyes were on the door and commotion had started as a man with gray hair and green eyes enters along with a young boy with gray hair, a pale complexion and mint color eyes.

"Greetings, Grand Duke of Chester!" Astoria greeted the man with a smile carved on her face, the man exchanged her a pure smile to her and the young child she is holding in her arms.

"Greetings, Grand Duchess of Askart I'm very pleased for being invited in this special celebration." he politely replied back.

"Why is he here?"

"The Grand Duchess invited him... Why..?"

People began to whispered and talk about the appearance of the Grand Duke Chester, the house of Grand Duke Askart and Grand Duke Chester where long time nemesis.

Larkis and Larissa walk towards the scene and faces their nemesis, everyone were whispering and thinking about bad things as the nemesis faces each other, all were nervous.

Larissa sigh as she look at the Grand Duke then to the young boy he is with, "Is that your son?" she immediately asked, sounded rudely.

"I apologize my wife's rude behavior, Grand Duke!" Denrik who just arrived at the scene politely asked for forgiveness.

"Don't bother, Marquess. I've known the Marchioness for quite a while and I know that she means no harm." the Grand Duke Chester said with a smile and Denrik smiled back.

After a few moments everyone couldn't still take their eyes away from them, they are all thinking about the possible bad outcome of the nemesis facing each other until..

"You finally came, Dominic!" the emperor came and broke the silence.

"Your Majesty...!?" everyone was astonished.

The emperor stand besides Larkis and the Grand Duke of Chester with his hands wrapped around the neck of the two and was smiling from ear to ear in happiness.

A/N:

~Sorry for the late and short update
Please bare with me and love you all ~ stay safe and take a good care of your selves