Chapter 20

Now I finally understand why Rel wanted us to tell the story, or should I say, she wanted me to hear the story and it was because she was trying to scared me about that place as father will bring me to that place with him.

"Brother how could you?!" aunt asked angrily.

"Larissa, lower your voice no forget about it." father took his eyes away from the documents he is holding and look at my aunt, "Just take your leave instead." he stated.

Perhaps I should take my leave instead it's really tiring for my ears, aunt have a really loud voice especially when she's angry but I kinda want to watch them fight and see who's going to give up on the end.

"Have you lost your mind!" aunt exclaimed, "Bringing your three years old daughter on an expedition!?" she asked furiously.

Father gave her a deep sigh and took of his glasses, "Larissa, I have my reasons and I have already talked with Ria about it." father explained while massaging the bridge of his nose.

Usually there is always knights outside father's office but today they are all on the training ground discussing with the vice commander with something.

"Brother pardon but, I'm Ashtherielle's aunt of course I'm worried about her and I will not let you bring her to danger." she said seriously, "I'm not letting her face danger at such a young age." she added.

And his daughter that is actually busy eavesdropping right now.

"Larissa, I understand where you're coming but I know what I'm doing and I can protect my daughter!" Father exclaimed at aunt.

"I can't withstand you anymore!" aunt shouted her expression is really dark right now.

Aunt turned around and walk towards my direction, with all I got I hurriedly run away from the door and I almost even fell then hide on the corner.

Then a loud bang was head and as I glace by my father's office door I saw aunt walking away from it, with face full of anger.

Ha... I sigh deeply in relief and walk slowly by the door and sneak peek of what's my father currently doing, he is looking furious as he messed with his own hair in anger.

I wonder what is he thinking right now... He looks really depressed and furious at the same time.

That place is full of mysteries and it triggers me to visit it.

"Not again..." voice full of nothing but with disbelief.

I'm was shocked by what I have heard, I slowly turned around and sees my mother's face disbelieving what she is seeing, she pick me up and sneak in the hole to see father then she quietly walks away with me on her hands.

"My darling I believe your to young to be a eavesdropper and I do not want you to become one." mother mumble, "You trick Ran again, didn't you?" she asked and I just gave her my killer smile that made her smile.

Well mother we are simply playing hide and seek, again, then I just happened to caught my aunt walking straight to father's office with such a dark expression and I just happened to be curious about it, then. Boom!

As I was watching my mother's down and sad face I noticed that she started to walk slowly then I looked in front and saw my aunt looking furious.

"Sister, will you spare me some time?" aunt asked.

Mother let out a sigh, "Let's head to the tea room." mother said.

As mother walks, aunt follows us then as we arrive to the tea room I saw Ran and Rel along with Luis that is playing with Laxier whose in the stroller.

"My lady, where have you been?" Ran shouted then mother put me down.

Luis greeted me with a smile then he walk towards me and patted my head while smiling.

"Ran, Rel take the kids to the garden, Marchioness Suleira and I have matters to discuss about." mother ordered.

Ran and Rel both look at each other then Rel carry me while Ran's right hand were on the stroller and her left were holding Luis' hand. Ran and Rel bow then walk out with us, as Rel walk out I looked at the tea room, the door is slowly closing and I sees aunt discussing something to mother with a dark expression on her face while mother listened to her.

As we arrived at the garden my mind is still wondering and thinking about what possibly those two are discussing about, probably the continuation of my aunt's anger about my father bringing me to the expedition or something...

"Pok!"

I look on my right as someone touch my cheek and it is Luis smiling at me brightly holding Ruby...? Where did she came from?

"Little cousin your lost in your thoughts again... Do you want cookies?" Luis asked, seem to be worried as he show me a bag of cookies probably baked by uncle again.

I grab the cookie from his hand he was stunned but happy at the same time as he smile, I opened the cookies and it's pretty easy, then I grab a bite and it's not a hard cookie it's a bit soft and it taste super delicious.

***

At the same time inside the tea room in the manor of Askart.

Face full of seriousness and a bit of anger, Larissa let out a deep sight as she faces Astoria whose face full of worries looking at her.

"Larissa I know what you want, but I'm sorry I don't think I can be with your decision." Astoria explain making Larissa furious.

Larissa's face darken in anger, "Sister! This is absurd!" she exclaimed, "I do not understand you, how could you still...." she paused and look at Astoria in disbelief.

"Despite everything that have happened in the past?" Larissa furiously asked.

Astoria look at her with seriousness, "Larissa, those past are already history-"

"And it should never be repeated!" Larissa cut her off, "I know you understand why I'm being paranoid, you know about that place, you know about what happened in there." she explained.

Astoria avoided her eyes making her sight in disbelief.

"Please... I couldn't even bare to let my brother go to that place again but because it is his duty that I couldn't do anything but Ashtherielle? letting her come with him? Why?"

Larissa's furious face suddenly turn sad and troubled and Astoria was surprised as tears starting to fall from Larissa's eyes.

"Please, I couldn't bare anything like that to happened again.!" Larissa begged while crying.

Memories that happened in the past suddenly came in Astoria's mind and she suddenly recall a sad and gloomy incident that she wanted to forget.

"Larissa..."

Astoria turned around and felt heartbroken and miserable, then she calm herself as Larissa force herself to stop her tears from falling.

"Larissa, I believe you should know this." Astoria stated that gained Larissa's attention, "Larkis asked me to keep this from you but I think you should know this."

Larissa is confused and she felt nervous for no reason, then Astoria started telling, explaining to her the reason that they have behind bringing Ashtherielle to the expedition and she was stunned by the reason that her eyes widens.