Chapter 19

"What is your name?" I asked.

The child in front of me having gray hair, a pale complexion and mint color eyes that's making me remind of mint. He is really quite, I don't know if his just shy or his deaf.

After a few seconds he replied, "Desmond Chester." he answered shortly.

Desmond Chester I didn't really heard anything about him in the story though this family where mentioned, 'Chester the great nemesis of Askart' by that in the novel Laxier didn't really have a nice relationship with them but one thing change the whole thing.

It was when Laxier fought with an unexpected enemy and then was injured really badly, while running away from that enemy he suddenly lost consciousness for losing a bit too much blood. But, Desmond who was by that time the head of the house of Chester found him and brought him to his estate that is coincidentally close by, at first Laxier didn't really thought much about it but he realized that Desmond Chester isn't really his enemy.

"W-what do you want!?" he asked a bit rudely with anger.

"Nothing, really." I answered, "I'm just... Am.. I just, wanted to be friends."

I, it's not totally a lie because I do want to be friends with him but, not just wanting to be friends but to have a good relationship with a person I can use to survive in the future.

"Well, I don't want to be friends with you!" he shouted, sounded angry.

His tough. I didn't imagine that even after being reborn as somebody else I would still have hard time befriending someone, his tougher to pursue than Ehrlich who is the main antagonist in the novel.

We are in the tea room with Rel and Ran in the corner just watching at us, it's been a week since Laxier's first birthday and today the Grand Duke of Chester suddenly pay a visit along with Desmond.

His father and my father are discussing something in father's office though I want to eavesdrop I totally can't because of this rude child here, father told me to treat him better and don't start a fight and of course I would never do that.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

The rude Desmond asked me and I let out a big sigh and stand up from setting in the floor and walk to his direction, I stop in front of him.

"Come with me." I ordered.

I turned around and walk towards Ran and Rel and he silently followed me, Ran and Rel both look at me confusedly.

"My lady is something that matters?" Ran kneel and asked me with a sweet smile.

I shoke my head, "Uh, uhm.. I—we would like to pay Harsel a visit." I stated and Ran worriedly look at Rel.

Ran stands up and Rel kneel in front of me, "My lady we can't allow that, his highness will get angry." Rel said with her emotionless yet serious face.

"He won't." I said with a poker face and Ran smiled awkwardly while Rel sigh, massaging her forehead.

***

"Hey, why do I have to come with you?" Desmond asked Ashtherielle.

Ashtherielle is walking ahead of him while Ran and Rel with three knights following them are behind him, they are heading to Harel's room.

"Quit asking to much."

Ashtherielle stop in front of a door with two knights guarding, Ran and Rel explain the situation to the knights guarding and they opened the door. Ashtherielle looked at Desmond making him anxious, as Ashtherielle walked inside Desmond followed her so does Ran and Rel.

"Sister."

Harsel gave Ashtherielle a wide and pure smile of happiness and he gave her a warm welcome, Ashtherielle smile and stroke his head.

For almost 2 years Ashtherielle and Harsel's relationship is getting better and better day by day until Ashtherielle let Harsel call her sister, not just his relationship with Ashtherielle his relationship with Astoria and Luis is also good.

As soon as Harsel saw Desmond who he doesn’t know, he quickly hide behind Ashtherielle and clang tightly on her dress.

Ashtherielle slightly smiled with a thought, ‘It seems like he still did not get over his fright with unfamiliar people to him.’

Ashtherielle stand besides Desmond, "Harsel he is a friend, Desmond Chester." she introduces him to Harsel.

Harsel's is expression soften a little bit and he slowly look at Desmond with face full of confusion after seeing Desmond's flustered face.

"Sister, the scrazy young-er prince will be angre." Harsel concluded with imagining Desmond being flustered for being besides Ashtherielle.

"How can you say that?" Ashtherielle asked.

Harsel reminisces the time with Ehrlich will stare at him with daggers every time he would cling on hide behind Ashtherielle, while Desmond after hearing what Harsel have said was confused with one brow raised.

The next three days.

Desmond has once again visited the estate of Askart, he, Harsel and Ashtherielle is in the tea room playing on the floor with high quality and expensive carpet with different kinds of children's books instead of toys.

"Once a upon a time, in a remote area in between the empire of Reinhardt and the west kingdom of Flores was a small town named Rubinus or the town of rubies." Rel told and the two boys were listening to her while Ashtherielle is just sitting on her lap eating cookies bake by the Marquess.

" Rubinus was prosperous town, land filled with rubies, the people where furtune when it comes to mines. The king from the nearby kingdom was envious and tried to buy the town but the townsman did not agree that ended up a bloody war against the kingdom and the towns people, and of course the townmens were at grate disadvantage as the king brought his army."

" The poor peasants where captured and locked up in the dungeon of the castle, half of them where brutally murdered and some were forced to mine rubies without eating and stopping."

Ashtherielle sigh in disbelief as she glance at both Desmond and Harsel both trembling in scared and frightened by Rel's story.

‘Rel isn't really a good story teller specially her choice of books are not for young children but I wonder why she's doing it right now.’ Ashtherielle thought unbothered and just enjoying her cookies.

Rel did not really care about what her audience are feeling, the knights standing by the door were both sympathizing Desmond and Harsel.

Rel flip the page and continued, "But a miracle happened, their heroes have arrived. The the third Imperial prince, the daughter of a Marquess, the young Grand Duke and the son of the Grand Duke of the empire of Reinhardt with knights and a mage from the east have arrived and..."

Ran cut off Rel, "Everything ended happily!" she said while smiling.

Rel look at Ran with confusion and Ran gave her a serious and deadly smile with eyes closed, the two knights sigth in relief.

"Young Master of Chester, his grace, your father is asking for you." Ran politely said.

Desmond hurriedly stands up and walk towards Ran, Ran hold his hands and she also took Harsel out leaving Rel and Ashtherielle with the knights.

"Lady, wanna know what have happened next?" Rel asked Ashtherielle and both the knights were eyes widens by surprise, "But of course, I'm not being serious my princess." she added then smiled, sadistically.

‘How weird, I kind of wanting to know more about the story.’ Ashtherielle though as she looks at Rel smiling sadistically, ‘But I want to know more why she told us that story, knowing Rel everything she does have reasons behind or, perhaps she's just bored.’