Chapter 23

Shannon's P.O.V.
"I can't believe this!" I sit here quietly in Elizabeth's trailer listening to what it seems like a court discussion. I'm not feeling at my best witnessing this. My anxiety is rising up but Elizabeth insisted that I should stay and hear this. We're still on set but Mark is working with Kelly at the moment and Kit is also here by the way which kinda worries me because it only means my job is on the line too.

"I'm just trying to protect you." I look up to Marla and my mind just went to the conversation we had earlier.

You're practically a threat to her career

I looked away when she caught my stare and just fumbled with the hem of my jacket. The thought of that just sickens me. But for some reason, I see it. Yes, its okay and not a big deal with people we know but she's a public figure that's her career and some people nowadays are just shitty and judgmental so when Marla said that, I didn't somehow disagree because I can see it.

"I know you two have a really close relationship but that doesn't sit well with the public when you just got off from an engagement and the fact that Shannon's sexual orientation is very public will definitely spark affair rumors. You can't move on from a 3-year relationship in just a month Elizabeth." Well, that pulled something. I can feel my heart racing at the realization hits me and somehow in the back of my mind insecurities are creeping already.

"Robbie and I have been having problems even before I met Shannon and maybe even then he's been sleeping with random girls. I've dealt with his shit for 6 months and I've been moving on from it ever since and now that I'm finally happy, I still have the responsibility to worry about what other people will think about all of this?"

"We know that but the public eye doesn't know that. How can you explain that she's only your friend when you can tell that there's something there."

"That's because there is." My head snap at Elizabeth, she didn't just spill the tea. She didn't look at me and kept her furious gaze to Marla who was quite speechless about the sudden confession. I glanced at Kit who looked at me with disbelief. I looked away not taking the intense stare she was giving me.

"So, there's really something going on between the two of you?" Marla turns to me and I looked at her straight in the eye and slowly nod my head. Her hand flew to her head looking stressed with the situation. Well, who wouldn't really. I'm surprised I haven't lose my shit right now.

"We need to do something about this"

"What, make us not see each other for days again. What's the difference of it anyway. When all of this had died down then we see each other again, It will just happen again so why not just deal with it." My lips slightly curved at the sound of that. My girl is proving her point, she's really not backing out on this.

"I don't know what I'm going to do with you." Marla sighs loudly before looking at the both of us. "I'm going to have a word with the team and try to fix this maybe schedule you for an interview, I don't know." She threw her hands in the air in frustration before grabbing her things.

"Finally!" Elizabeth sighs leaning against her dresser clearly pissed off. Marla sighs before turning to look at me making me raised my brows at her with confusion.

"You're gonna be in the interview too." She says before storming out of the trailer.

"That was intense" Kit mutters. I let out a heavy breath I didn't knew I was holding since their little show started and glance up to her who was looking at me with squinted eyes.

"Am I gonna get some kind of treatment after this?" She sighs and shake her head a small smile forming on her lips which sends relief to me.

"I'm with Lizzie on this one to be honest. She really has a point." A smile form on my face as I finally stood up and walked towards Elizabeth who still has a frown on her face and stood beside her resting my hand on her lower back.