Chapter 72

Lizzie's P.O.V.
"Shan, you alright in there?" Shannon is taking way too long getting ready for the dinner. Which is very odd these days because she usually finishes first every time we go out but right now, its the other way around.

Slowly, I'm seeing what she meant when she said she's in a bad place right now. Well taking considerations of the huge weight loss and with her eating habits, I thought it couldn't get worse than this. It didn't cross my mind that her behavior changed too. I'm only starting to see it though.

I let out a sigh hearing no response from her. So I went over to her to check on what she's doing and when I did, I see her staring at herself on the bathroom mirror leaning against the sink quite in deep thought. This is what I'm talking about, and its hard seeing her like this really. Its like she changed to another person. not my Shannon.

I slowly made my way towards her afraid I'll startle her and offer a small smile looking at her through the mirror. She looks at me but didn't said anything so I wrapped my arms around her from behind and place soft kisses on her shoulder blades.

"You alright?" I whispered resting my face on her back as I look at her through the mirror. For a second, it felt like I'm looking at someone else. She doesn't speak or look at me, she just looks at herself with an empty expression on her face and it makes me wonder what is going on in her mind.

"Shannon" She eventually looked at me and raised her brows. "You okay? What's wrong?" She shakes her head and gives me a small smile as she strokes my arms around her waist. She then turns in my arms putting her arms around me and rest her head on my shoulders and with the way she was acting, I beg to differ that there's nothing wrong with her.

"You still want to go?" I whispered against her shoulders. "I can call Kevin and cancel-"

"You don't have to do that, I'm fine. They are expecting you to be there." She whispers with uncertainty in her voice. I want her to open up to me and tell me how she feels but I don't want to force it out of her. Clearly, she doesn't like that remembering what she said when I barged in her office when I first saw her after the break up.

"Honey, you're more important to me. If you don't want to go then I'll cancel and make some excuse for it. I'm sure they'll understand"

"No, you can't do that just because I'm not feeling at my best right at the moment. But I'm fine Elizabeth." She pulls away from me and walks out of the room leaving me stunned. What just happened? Did I said something wrong?

I let out a shaky breath before deciding to follow her in the bedroom and saw her putting on her dress shirt. I glanced at the clock seeing we still have enough time before the dinner. I sat on the bed just watching her get dressed feeling a bit of a tension between us and its not very comfortable.

"Are you mad?" I whispered and I watch as she lets out a sigh and turns to me.

"No" She lets out a breath and sat next to me before taking my hand in hers lacing our fingers together. "I'm sorry, I'm just-"She sighs and I was expecting her to continue but she just looks at me and didn't say anything
else. "I'm sorry"

"That's okay but I just want you to know that I will always be here for you, okay. Always." She gives me a smile and raised our hands to her lips placing soft kisses on the back of my hand. I know she's having a hard time adjusting back to my world but I would do everything to get her back on track. I don't want to lose her again never.

"Do you feel better?" I smiled resting my hand on her cheek. She gives me a nod as she leans forward taking my lips in hers and I felt my heart explodes with the feeling.

"I'm sorry" She whispers against my lips before giving me another kiss as my hands travels to the back of her neck giving into her lips.

"I love you" I whispered and that made her stop sending a heavy weight on my chest. That's the first time I've said that since we broke up and now I felt like I shouldn't have said it. She slightly pulls away looking into my eyes giving me a chance to look at hers. I can see her but her eyes are in so much fear. She's terrified. God, I destroyed her.