3- Rome

"Hurry the fuck up!" Autumn screams from the driver's seat of her red BMW. I laugh softly in the passenger seat, smearing lip gloss over my mouth using the side mirror.

Chloe trips out of her front door, her arms filled with school supplies and her make-up bag slung across her hip.

"We've done carpooling for three years, you'd think by now she'd be better at this." I snort.

"Hey, hi, good morning." She throws all of her items across the backseat.

Autumn scoffs. "I hope your extra beauty sleep was worth making us late."

"I think you forgot the rest of your shirt inside." I smirk, lifting my finger to point at her small crop top. It's pulled down so far that her chest is out. She gasps and pretends to be offended, holding her hand against her mouth as if she was shocked.

"Maybe you should pull your dress out of your ass so it actually covers something."

Autumn slams the brakes on her car, jolting me against the dashboard.

Chloe laughs until she can't breathe, finding my pain entertaining, and Autumn apologizes. "I'm so sorry," she gasps, "I didn't see the stop sign."

How we managed to make it to school alive is beyond me.

We shuffle out of the car together, laughing and joking and pushing each other over.

"You guys owe me for the emotional damage my car just went through."

"I think you owe us for the years of our lives that your awful driving took off." I blow her a kiss before she walks away and heads to her class.

Passing by the school lockers, I spot Jason.

He is built like the football star that he is, with an annoyingly strong body and a tall build. He has slightly long brown hair that I always played with when we were dating, with strands of hair framing his face on either side. His magnetic green eyes are locked on the girl in front of him, standing a little too close while she shamelessly tries to rub his chest.

Suddenly his eyes leave her, and instead, they trail to me and up my body as I pass by. I feel his eyes follow me as I turn the hall, and without even looking back I know he is smirking.

I smile proudly to myself; I knew he wasn't over me when we broke up. I wonder whose name he says when he's with her.

"Disgusting," Daria pretends to gag, "did no one teach her how to apply concealer?"

I turn to Chloe to hide my eye roll. Daria subtly looks around the hall, making sure people heard her remark and they are watching her. She lives off of the validation and attention from others, which is why she tries so hard to win our approval.

Daria's attempts to be like us always come off as obvious and fake, making her almost a joke. I'm not threatened by Jason's new girl, and I don't need to mock her to feel better about myself. I almost feel bad, or at least pity, because Daria doesn't understand what confidence like that is like.

"Don't even think about it." Chloe pushes me forward, making sure I don't get any ideas about going back for Jason.

"Of course not, I'm waiting for him to make the first move." I smirk, reveling in Chloe's disappointment.

I walk through the door of our classroom in front of them both, realizing we are late as everyone else is already sitting down. As I pull my chair out from under the desk, I remember that my seat got moved to the other end of the room. Great.