24.5

Chloe lives for the noise of parties; the unending cheers and conversations, the dancing and awful singing, or the flirty boys who fill her cold heart with a little body warmth.

Reveling in the excitement, Chloe sometimes wishes she could live this life forever instead of disappearing to the real world every morning. Accompanied by a nasty hang over, her life changes when the party ends. At home, she is never good enough. She can never win or achieve anything, not when her mother and sister are so much more impressive.

So instead she drinks in the energy around her, savoring the games being played as they sustain her for hours, never letting her get bored since she switches partners every few rounds.

Autumn yells at her to join the group by the couch, her long braids being tugged on by the mixed girl she's cuddling on a love seat. Chloe notices quickly that the circle is filled by Zoya, Autumn, and Rome, although the rest of the people are brand new faces. Despite Chloe's protest to keep the circle small, or at least not invite a certain green-eyed boy, everyone seems to turn to the crowd of people in larger rooms of the house and bring someone to join them.

Rome's muted pink lips say the name Chloe least expects to hear. Lucas.

As her brown eyes finally find the blonde boy peaking out from the kitchen, a smile Chloe has never seen before glows from Rome's face. She waves him over with the palm of her hand, and his steps are sure as he makes his way to her.

She never looked at Jason like that, not once. Never with a shy smile and bright eyes, where the corner of her mouth wrinkle and her cheeks wear a soft blush.

And she doesn't even realize it.

Turning away, a fond grin on Chloe's face and an excitement to see how her friend will act on these new feelings, the blond girl distracts herself with the people around her.

Behind her, the door to a private room opens, a room she was told was not available by the cheerleader who owned the house. In equal parts respect for her friend and an eagerness to yell at some lower classmen who thought they were special, Chloe turns around and opens her mouth towards the party-goers.

Except it's Adrien standing behind her, the said cheerleader holding his hand with excited giggles as she jumbles the key into the door's lock.

Chloe stares in anger and disbelief, her mouth staying open while ire seems to fill it. Adrien's body swivels around, either sensing the eyes on him or the fumes from Chloe's annoyance, and stares into her pools of blue.

Standing there, he checks her out, but not in the way Chloe is used to.

His eyes never drift below her collarbone or stare at the cleavage she made sure was on display, but his attention lingers on her full lips and wanders to her curled hair. He admires her beauty in a soft stare, not the hungry leer that boys usally used when looking at her. It feels nothing like the sexual attention she always recieves, and it makes her heart pound so much harder. Chloe tries her best to ignore that feeling, that sort of treatment, but she knows it's what drives her to hate Adrien so throughly.

Chloe knows the boys she has relationships with. She knows they're untrustworthy and want nothing of the person she really is, only the body she wears, and it's a comfort to her.

If the boys wanted to know her, to see and date who she really is, she would have to do too many things that she fears. She would have to open up to them, for starters. Delving into her heart and dreams, talking about the way she feels — it's too much for her. All the boys in her past that she did show herself to ended their relationship with cheats and betrayals.

She could never go back to that innocent girl who loved while her boyfriend lied, no matter how much Adrien makes her wish it was different.

Finally, when Chloe's mouth parts in anticipation and her core thrums in need, when Adrien has soaked in the few moments he can look at Chloe with nothing but desire in her eyes and his mind has raced through everything he wants to do to her – for her, he turns away. Sending a wink over his shoulder, he follows the brown haired cheerleader into the room and shuts the door behind him.