26- Lucas

Unable to feel my limbs, I would call my whole body numb if it wasnt for the searing headache bringing curses to my lips. Wincing, I blink open my eyes to bright lights that make the pain so much worse. It slowly ebbs away, calmed by how comfortable my bed feels for some reason. I attempt to stand before I can fully see again, only to feel a heavy weight against my lower chest keeping me in place.

Fear etches it's way towards me, confusion muffling my thoughts before I finally adjust to the brightness of the morning sun.

Squinting, I stare at bedroom walls that do not belong to me and stroke my fingers against a fluffy blanket that I do not own. My attempts to focus on last night does nothing to resolve the gap in my memory, the answer as to why I am lost in someone else's bedroom does not come to me until I finally turn my foggy vision downward.

Brown hair is spread across my bare chest, hiding a face as it nuzzles into my warm skin.

Rome's arms are wrapped around my waist, clinging on to me in spite of the ridiculous mass of empty space on her bed. My arm is resting on her shoulder, pulling her closer to me while our legs are jumbled together under the sheets.

I'm so certain that I am dreaming, convinced that waking up next to someone so beautiful couldn't be possible in real life. I am unable to recall the main details of last night, and I refuse to believe the minor ones like Rome's intimate touches.

Fighting against the weight of the girl ontop of me, I raise my body slowly and tilt my head downward. Careful not to wake her up, I gently pull strands of her hair from her face and press my lips to her forehead.

She stirs at the contact, twisting slightly so that her cheek is pressed into my chest. Something like bliss or quiet joy graces her face, her arms still latched around me and her breathing even for a few minutes longer.

Eventually, the night pieces itself together, leaving me with a sense or horror and ecstasy as my heart battles between embarrassment for getting so drunk and happiness from spending the night with Rome. At least now I understand why my headache hurts so bad, wondering how many different alcohols I mixed together in an attempt to forget about the very girl I have wrapped around me. My memory cuts off soon after our last round of drinking games, which fails to explain to me how I ended up in Rome's house instead of my own.

Suddenly, the vixen herself opens her eyes, surprised by the bright lights as she looks around the room.

Worry makes my blood turn cold, scared that she will be repulsed by waking up in my arms. I was unconscious, my sleeping body reaching out for whatever contact I could find, but I never intended to disrespect her or the friendship between us.

My fears are silenced when her head finally turns towards me, a smile escaping her sleepy expression. "Goodmorning." Her voice is hoarse from the party the night before, and if she is surprised to see me in her bed, she doesn't show it. The greeting is as casual as if she was sitting in class besides me, rather resting on my bare chest.

"Hi," I grin back to her, admiring the stray strands of her hair that are ruffled from sleep, appreciating the drowsy look in her eyes despite the fact that it's likely afternoon already. I savor every touch of our bare skin, her hand resting against my stomach, so casual I doubt her tired senses are even aware of the caress between us.

But I'm aware of it. The embrace of her cheek on my chest or her forearm pressed around my side is all I feel, my body doesn't know how to pay attention to anything else. Her eye lids drop again peacefully after I greet her, a smile remaining as she shuts her eyes. I don't even try to resist the urge of massaging her head, earning pleased sighs from her lips as my hands sooth her.