24- Lucas

Arguments surrounding the upcoming party lasted days until we finally all agreed to go. The three of us danced around different opinions, pushing our agendas while rejecting the aspects we didn't want to agree to. Adrien wanted to force me to attend a party, yet he refused the fact that in order to go, he would have to spend time with the cheerleaders he despised. In contrast, I seethed at the pressure put on me to experience the boring high school parties my friends worshipped, while I wouldn't have minded spending time with our new friends. Finally, Zoya made an end to the bickering, forcing us both to attend the party as long as she didn't have to drive.

I'm still trying to figure out what her sacrifice for the night is when Adrien opens his mouth again to complain.

"They sit with us at lunch, we're going to parties together, and I'm driving them," he rolls his eyes, bringing me to stay silent with a shake of my head. "I'm just saying, it would be nice if not everything we did involved them."

Adrien's car is parked outside of Rome's house, waiting to pick her and Autumn up while I wait patiently in the passenger seat with Zoya in the back row.

Neither of us argue with him, although we've both enjoyed learninng about the girls far more than we expected to, since we both know Adrien is only trying to rant. Rational words won't help him, and I doubt anyways that he feels as negative as he claims to.

He's only this apprehensive about the girls because he feels defensive over me.

Adrien has seen the pain that Rome and her social standing has brought me, and his sparks of loyalty will always remain strong until the end. The more time I spend with Rome, the more vulnerable I feel myself become. Adrien doesn't want to see me get hurt again, and although I am greatful for his proud protection, I also wish he gave Rome a chance.

I wonder if he would be this frustrated in driving the cheerleaders if Chloe hadn't refused to drive with us to the party, instead deciding to meet her "friends" there, which she made very clear she was only talking about Rome and Autumn.

Autumn stumbles out of the door first, the soft noise of her laughter echoes into the driveway as she saunters towards the car, wearing a tight, white dress that suits her long legs. Rome steps out after her, locking the door behind her and following her friend, anticipation for the night ahead written across her features.

Glimmering and vibrant, lapiz blue fabric covers Rome's chest in the form of a strapless top, accented by it's emerald green ties that wrap around her back. Black jean shorts match her short black boots, and the scarce but beautiful blue jewlery makes the entire outfit look expensive. She's stunning, her whole body glowing from both the rich colors she is wearing and the bright tan of her skin.

A guilty satisfaction curls inside my chest when Adrien barely glances up at Rome, his attention on the road instead of the brunette beauty sitting besides Zoya.

Once they settle into the backseat, I hear Rome's soft giggle in my ear. "Hey, blondie."

We greet the girls, letting them take the car's AUX cord before rushing to the party being hosted at a house in Rome's neighborhood. Their loud voices and powerful energies change the atmosphere of the car, giving us a rundown on who to avoid at the party and why. The extreme stories and dramatic betrayals create a list of their enemies a lot longer than I expected, entertaining us all and bringing even a chuckle out of Adrien, which he tries to hide.

Rome clicks her tongue once she jumps out of Adrien's car, teasing my outfit while treading next to me on our way towards the house's door.

"Lucas! Oh my god, I haven't seen you in so long." The high pitched voice coming from my left surprises me, and the shock multiplies as a girl with short strawberry blonde hair approaches me. I smile politely at Samantha, a girl I used to sit next to in class last year but haven't spoken to since.