38- Rome

Eyes have watched me my entire life. Always judging every small movement, ridiculing or admiring choices I was pressured into making, the weight of other's view has chased me from my parents to classmates.

But no pair of eyes has mattered like this one.

Taking what feels like the most important step of my life, I'm ready to be judged by the handsome boy at the bottom of the stairs, although I know he will praise me unconditionally.

A stream of green seems to flow behind me, the weight of my silk dress feels empowering as it slides across Adrien's floor. Rich and deep, the emerald green gives my skin a touch of color that I thought the weeks of stress and fear stole from me. It doesn't matter how soft the fabric is against my skin or how detailed the hand-stitching is, nothing makes the dress feel as good as knowing Lucas and Chloe went against my parents to bring it back to me.

I come into the view of the group gathered at the bottom of the stairs, peaking through the small crowd to find the love of my life.

The tight triangle corset doesn't take my breath away as much as seeing Lucas does.

His coal black suit is accented by a dark green tie, the intense colors bringing out the brightness of his smile when he sees me. He's the most handsome boy I have ever seen, a sharp jawline pointed out by his white collar and his height all the more obvious with the tight fitting clothes. His golden hair must be styled somehow, with a perfect curl falling into his vibrant blue eyes. He doesn't seem to notice the obstruction of his sight, too focused on me as I descend the steps.

The girls stand behind me, making their own entrances down the stairs while we all cheer for them. Zoya's lavender dress is comfortable and floral to match the two braids she has on both sides of her head, her breathtaking makeup pulling the brightest colors from her dress as an eyeshadow. Sydney, her girlfriend, has a pocket square for her suit in a similar color, her jaw dropped open at the sight of Zoya. Adrien stands besides Sydney, his eyes watering as if he was watching his own sister's first prom experience rather than his friend's.

Autumn strides down the path next, leaning on the railing with one hand and a black clutch in her other. Her dark red dress is shorter than the rest of ours, making a stunning show of her long legs while balancing the style of her natural hair. She chose to go to prom without a date, claiming that she refused to decide on a single person when she could dance with everyone tonight instead. I greet her once she reaches the bottom of the stairs, pulling her into a tight hug that conveys all the adoration and love I have held for her since the day we met.

Chloe stands at the top of the grand staircase, placing her hands on her hips as if she was committing the sight of us all to her memory. Her elegant blue dress allows her silver heals to peak out from beneath the front while a river of glitter spills out behind her. The tight waist flaunts her body exactly as I expected it to, and judging by Adrien's shortness of breath, he would agree.

He passes her a small blue bouquet once she finally joins us, receiving a shy smile in return.

Lucas stares, his gaze catching at the slit on my thigh that reveals almost too much, trailing up my wide hips before hovering over my face. He opens his mouth, a mess of compliments falling out before seals his lips instead.

"What do you think?" I can't help but ask. Staring in the mirror before coming down stairs, I'm confident in the tight squeeze of the dress and the details across my chest, but I want to hear him acklowedge how good we look together anyways.

"You don't want to know what I think." He swallows, letting his eyes fall lower one more time.

I cross the distance separating us, placing a finger below his chin and slowly raising his gaze.