Chapter 5

Qingyuan looked at the two mercilessly. Qingyuan took out his whip. Before he could beat the two of them, a hand stopped Qingyuan. Qingyuan was shocked to see Lanying stop him.

"What are you doing? Why did you stop me?" Qingyuan asked annoyed. "You don't have to get your hands dirty with the blood of these two killers. Someone will do it for you." said Lanying with a wink.

Qingyuan frowned in confusion. It didn't take long, Li Muyuan came with Haoran following him. Qingyuan finally understood. 'Uncle must have sent a decree to that old fox if he comes.' thought Qingyuan.

"This servant pays his respects to Lord Zhang and the 9th prince." said Muyuan trying to calm down. While saying Lord Zhang, Qingyuan could feel the anger from Muyuan.

Qingyuan didn't care. The rumors started again. "He must have come to cover the sins of his beloved son." "I feel very sorry for the legal wife's children who have never been loved." "At least from now on, Lord Zhang as well as younger sister and younger brother won't have to return to the home of those hypocrites and murderers."

Muyuan was furious but he had no reason to punish the citizens. Moreover, he would not dare to face the 4th prince and 9th prince.

"These two servants will be locked up in prison and will be tried according to the law. Hope the 9th prince doesn't have to worry." Muyuan explained.

"This prince is not worried about this but I think Lord Zhang will. After all this servant of yours has gone too far. I think the ministry of law would be fair in this, wouldn't it?" said the 9th prince mocking Muyuan. "Of course, the 9th prince has nothing to worry about." Muyuan explained.

"You're just an outcast, you..." the servant's words were cut off as Qingyuan lashed the maid's body. The servant's screams sounded sad. "Shut your filthy mouth!" said Qingyuan looking at the servant without mercy.

"I don't believe you. I'd better ..." Qingyuan's words were cut off because the 9th prince pulled Qingyuan away. "What are you doing?" Qingyuan asked annoyed. They were quite far from the scene.

"His Majesty the Emperor must have had his reasons for having Li Muyuan take care of this case so it's best if we don't interfere." obviously 9th prince relaxed. "I don't know, if you call your father by his title like us." Qingyuan said confused.

"I just felt like it so I did." said the 9th prince casually. Qingyuan smiled. "Our Ying er is all grown up now." said Qingyuan stroking the 9th prince's head.

"I'm a big boy, stop treating me like a child!" said the 9th prince annoyed. "Young master, madam Li asks you to return to the Li mansion." said a servant from the Li Mansion. "Your Highness, this servant has business so go first." Qingyuan said before leaving to follow the servant.

The 9th prince had a bad feeling about Qingyuan's departure. 'I hope he's okay.' thought the 9th prince, Lanying was worried.

---Mansion Li---

@family hall

Qingyuan was on his knees staring at his angry mother. "You think you can do whatever you want. You can even punish servants as you please." Liqiu said angrily. Qingyuan smiled sadly at his mother in disappointment.

"You can still smile? You're not human!" Liqiu said angrily. Qingyuan laughed sadly. Liqiu slapped at Qingyuan's cheeks but Qingyuan laughed even harder.

Liqiu backed away furiously. "Mother, you want to say I'm cruel right? Your ignorance almost killed A Qing and A Hua but you still say I'm cruel?" said Qingyuan laughing sadly.

"The two servants gave health tonics to A Qing and A Hua but you accused them of poisoning A Qing and A Hua. You still want to justify what you did!" Liqiu said furiously.