Chapter 23

#the next day

---palace---

Very busy atmosphere as usual. Full of people walking by.

@imperial prison

Qingyuan looked at his mother, Liqiu. Qingyuan went to see his mother who was in a cell far away from other people. "Why don't you just die! You should die with thousand blossom!" Liqiu said angrily.

"Is that all you wanted to tell me mother?" Qingyuan said flatly. "Don't call me mother! I don't have a son like you!" Liqiu said angrily. “I'm telling you something, Li Qingyuan already died once and came back to avenge him as well as his two siblings' grudges. Li Qingyuan and his two siblings died because of your ignorance mother. Therefore I saved myself as well as my two precious siblings with my own hands.” Qingyuan said flatly.

Liqiu looked confused by Qingyuan's words. "Even if I have to slaughter the entire Li family, I don't care that myself as well as my two siblings are safe. If only when I came back, you cared for my two siblings just a little bit. Maybe you wouldn't end up like this, mother." Qingyuan added flatly.

"You monster in human form! You will die miserably!" cursed Liqiu. "Your wish has been achieved mother. I have died in such a horrible way in the past. I am telling you this because you will be executed tomorrow so you should at least know why you ended up like this." Qingyuan said flatly before leaving.

"I will become a ghost and haunt you for life!" Liqiu shouted angrily.

@outside the imperial prison

"Your mother cursed you loudly." said 4th prince did not like. "Just leave it." Qingyuan said flatly.

"Why did you stop me? I want to skin her alive!" said Emperor Su angrily. From the direction it came from it seemed that Emperor Su had just come from the prison. "Tomorrow she will be executed, Your Imperial Majesty. Skinning her now will accomplish nothing." said Eunuch Mu trying to explain. "He insulted my son, A Yuan. You think I want to hear about it?! I even let A Yuan see her so she could at least show him some affection but she cursed him!" said Emperor Su angrily.

"Father, since when did A Yuan agree to be your son?" quipped 4th prince. "Since today!" Emperor Su said annoyed and looked at the 4th prince who was with Qingyuan. Emperor Su looked awkward. "Uncle, we need to talk." Qingyuan said making Emperor Su startled but nodded in agreement.

@imperial garden

"Eldest brother already explained everything to me. You can't accept the fact that I have a relationship with Lanying because you think of me as your son as well you don't want the Zhang family to lose a successor." Qingyuan said calmly.

"Yes, after all I have many sons losing one Lanying will still give me grandchildren. But you are only one for the Zhang family. Your grandfather wasn't the type to send your brother back to the capital so I want Zhang to have a successor." honest Emperor Su.

"You are not afraid that your son hates you?" Qingyuan asked. "Never mind, he already hated me from a long time ago." Emperor Su said indifferently. "Thank you Uncle." Qingyuan said smiling. Emperor Su smiled too. "About my mother, let it be. She will not change until she dies. Even other people are better than her." Qingyuan said calmly.

"If I had a son like you, I would be very happy. I really don't know what your mother is thinking." Emperor Su said annoyed. Qingyuan smiled. "I also do not know." Qingyuan said calmly.

"Be honest with me now, A Yuan. Where did you find all that evidence so quickly?" asked Emperor Su. "Uncle, I found it from my past life. Does uncle have time?" Qingyuan asked. Emperor Su nodded.

Qingyuan told the story of his past life to Emperor Su. Emperor Su listened seriously. After he finished, Emperor Su looked angry.

"You mean you married that Min clan because she framed you and your two siblings died because of your stepbrother? You also died because of them because you found evidence of their crimes." Emperor Su said annoyed.

"You believe uncle?" Qingyuan asked calmly. "I know you're not going to lie to me about this. I can see the pain when you tell me this." Emperor Su said seriously. Qingyuan nodded.

"No wonder, it's easy for you to find it." said Emperor Su proudly. "It's late. Go home, your wife is waiting for you at home. Remember to give me a cute grandson." Emperor Su teased Qingyuan's smile. Qingyuan returned to his home.

The day of execution came, Qingyuan didn't go to see it at all while the people were very happy that finally the criminals were punished according to their deeds.

A month passed quickly unnoticed. Lately, Qingyuan felt himself being followed but when Qingyuan checked there was no one. Qingyuan decided not to leave the house unless there was something important.

---The 4th prince's mansion---

@family room

"If you get too close he'll notice. You idiot!" grumbled the 4th prince. "You could meet him, of course you would say that!" Lanying said annoyed. "At least he's sober now and isn't insisting on seeing Lord Zhang." Minzhe said calmly.

"Are you actually my bodyguard or Qingyuan's bodyguard?" Lanying asked annoyed. "I work for His Majesty the Emperor so I obey his orders." Minzhe said calmly.

"Bingwen came back for his pregnant wife so I have to watch over you closely." added Minzhe. Lanying snorted in annoyance. "Up to you." Lanying said calmly. "I think he brought the physician to his house. Could it be that the poison is reacting again? But he could still summon a healer so it was impossible. What's wrong?" Lanying asked suddenly. "Maybe his wife is pregnant." Minzhe said coolly.

Lanying and the 4th prince spat out the tea they were drinking. "WHAT?!" Both of them shouted at the same time. Minzhe rolled his eyes lazily.