Chapter 17

"What brought the Crown Prince here?" Qingyuan asked flatly. "A Ying, messed up in father's study room and is now locked up in the royal prison." explained the Crown Prince, Feng ge was worried.

"Could you let me meet His Majesty the Emperor?" Qingyuan asked. Crown Prince Feng ge nodded. Minzhe went to the royal prison to see Lanying. Qingyuan, Crown Prince Feng ge and 4th prince went to the royal study room.

---royal study room---

"Paying respects to father/Paying respects to His Majesty the Emperor." said the Crown Prince, Feng ge ; 4th prince and Qingyuan. "Stand up." Emperor Su said.

“Your Majesty the Emperor, are you so afraid that I will forget my promise?” Qingyuan asked flatly. "You?! You're getting more and more impudent! You're not afraid I'll cut your head off!" said Emperor Su angrily.

"You still can't kill me." Qingyuan said flatly. Emperor Su was furious. The Crown Prince, Feng ge and the 4th prince were quite shocked by Qingyuan's words.

"You hung out with my grandfather or maybe my father now for so long. You must know there is a legacy for our family. A poison that has no antidote, I'll drink it." said Qingyuan taking out a bottle. Qingyuan opened the bottle cap and gulped down its contents.

It happened too soon to be prevented. "You are okay?" asked the 4th prince confused. "This poison works when things happen outside normal limits. Now I can see Lanying, right?" Qingyuan asked. "Go." said Emperor Su resignedly.

Qingyuan left. "Father, exactly what poison did Qingyuan drink?" asked the Crown Prince, Feng Ge. "Heartless. This poison is made with plants full of poison. When this poison works, the person suffering from it will experience excessive heat and cold, his heart will beat fast and in severe cases he will die. The trigger is when he falls in love or is close to the person he loves. ." Emperor Su explained.

"Why did you push him to that point?" said the 4th prince disappointed. "Until now, he only thought about us all. He wanted us all to be happy. But you ruined his only happiness. I'm disappointed in you." said the 4th prince left.

"You think I'm wrong?" Emperor Su asked the Crown Prince, Feng ge. "Father, Qingyuan hasn't smiled in a long time. But when he was with Lanying, he started laughing again. Apart from us, he doesn't have any family in the Capital. Qingyuan has always helped us, never been selfish and thought of himself. Wrong or not in this case, i don't know. I only know. A Yuan, a lifetime will not be happy again." Crown Prince Feng ge said before leaving. "So I was wrong." said Emperor Su laughing sadly. He was criticized by his own son.

---Royal Prison---

Qingyuan looked at Lanying flatly. "What are you saying?" asked Lanying angrily. "I never liked you. I was just playing with you. Now that I'm tired, I want to end this." Qingyuan said flatly. "You lied to me? My father asked you to say it didn't you?!" said Lanying angrily.

"Other than revenge, I have no thoughts of anything else. Su Lanying, you are too stupid." sneered Qingyuan before leaving. Lanying was shocked and recalled Qingyuan and 4th prince's conversation.

"You?! Bastard!" shouted Lanying angrily. Qingyuan just walked away without turning his head. Minzhe looked at Qingyuan's back suspiciously before following Qingyuan.

@in front of the palace prison

Qingyuan fell to the ground clutching his chest. Minzhe approached Qingyuan immediately. "Are you okay?" Minzhe asked worriedly. "I'm fine. Go back and help Lanying." Qingyuan said standing up. Qingyuan managed to avoid everyone and returned to his own home.

---Zhang Family Mansion---

Many people from the palace decorated Qingyuan's house. Qingyuan just passed them without any intention of speaking.

@Qingyuan room

Qingyuan collapsed not far from the door. Qingyuan clutched his chest hard and curled up. The poison worked and tortured Qingyuan.

Qingyuan fell asleep from the excessive pain. When he wakes up again, he finds the 4th prince waiting for him. "You come?" Qingyuan asked. "You better rest. I'll be back when the time comes." said the 4th prince left. Qingyuan was silent and stared at the ceiling of his room.

It was as if Qingyuan's bad luck could not end either. D day is coming fast. Qingyuan put on his wedding dress and went to pick up Liu Ying from her house by horse. After Liu Ying was put on the stretcher they returned to Qingyuan's house.

After the wedding ceremony, Liu Ying waited in the bridal chamber. Qingyuan received guests outside. "This prince has come to congratulate you on your marriage Lord Zhang." said the 9th prince flatly. "I thank the 9th prince for coming to my little mansion." Qingyuan said calmly.

"Please enjoy today's meal." Qingyuan added. The 9th prince and Minzhe left Qingyuan who continued to receive guests. Night came fast, Qingyuan looked drunk because of the invited guests.

Qingyuan went to the bridal chamber in a drunken state and he couldn't remember what happened next.

#The next day

Qingyuan woke up with a headache and was about to wake up when he felt movement beside him. Qingyuan looked to the side and there was Liu Ying who was still asleep.

Qingyuan looked under the blanket and smiled sadly. 'I did.' thought Qingyuan went down and put on his clothes before going out. Qingyuan returned to his own room.

@Qingyuan room

Qingyuan opened the door and was surprised to see Lanying in his room as well as the strong smell of wine. Qingyuan moved the lanying body onto the bed before blanketing him. Qingyuan also cleaned himself and changed his clothes.

Qingyuan came out and saw Liu Ying's personal servant. "Lord Zhang, good morning." said the servant who Qingyuan remembered was named A Yi. "Help your lady change clothes and clean herself." Qingyuan said flatly.

"Lord Zhang, where are you going?" asked A Yi. "I have work to do. My wife can eat without me." Qingyuan said before leaving.