Chapter 11

---Leaf City---

Qingyuan smiled and was finally able to return to his former workplace. But the condition of the barracks was not very good. Qingyuan had to find a way to make everyone happy.

"You're finally back." said General Hong looking exhausted. "What happened?" Qingyuan asked confused. "Last month, the troops from the Blossom Kingdom attacked us. There were a lot of casualties so the morale of the soldiers dropped." explained General Hong. "New recruits have no basis for war making our troops worse off." added general Hong.

"Your grandfather asked me to write to His Majesty Emperor Su asking you to come back here. I did and His Majesty Emperor Su seems to agree. Since you are here." General Hong said with some relief.

Qingyuan nodded. "To be honest I like the battlefield more than the capital. My siblings isn't in the capital either so I don't have to worry." Qingyuan said smiling. The rest of the soldiers seemed about to report to General Hong for the training of new soldiers.

Everyone was shocked to see Qingyuan standing there. But it was not long, they lunged at Qingyuan's body and hugged Qingyuan tightly. They were glad their deputy general was back.

The atmosphere seemed to have warmed up since Qingyuan's return. The atmosphere became tense as the Blossom Kingdom sent troops to the border. Qingyuan this time took the troops away to the battlefield. The thousand troops that came were massacred by Qingyuan until nothing was left.

The generals of the enemy troops were beheaded and sent back on their war horses. That day became a tense atmosphere for Blossom Kingdom. Qingyuan troops no one died, only dozens were injured.

Qingyuan bandaged his injured arm after cleaning it. "The troops seem to be going home happily. I heard you sent the enemy's head back?" asked General Hong who had returned from training new soldiers.

"That's revenge for the thousands of my brothers they killed on the battlefield. They started it so I have to return them otherwise it would be rude." Qingyuan said flatly. "You're still the same as before. Cold-blooded A Yuan." joked General Hong.

Qingyuan laughed at that. "Lord Zhang, General Hong dinner is ready." said a soldier. "Go first. I'll follow you." said General Hong. The soldier nodded and left after smiling at Qingyuan.

"I think I'll have to retire soon. Look at the soldiers who seem to have great respect for you." General Hong teased. "You must lead the troops to defend the border while I go down and slaughter the enemy." Qingyuan said smiling.

That night, everyone ate happily, even the new soldiers felt the joy of the old soldiers. It was late and they all returned to the tent to rest.

Qingyuan walked alone and headed to the border gate. Qingyuan went up to the top of the gate. Several soldiers standing guard there saluted Qingyuan. Qingyuan smiled.

Qingyuan stared at the border in silence. "I wish I could stay here for a long time." Qingyuan muttered to the empty air. Over the course of several months, the Blossom Kingdom's troops attacked several times and Qingyuan brought troops to slaughter all who came without being left.

Soldiers who trained for several months were finally able to enter the battlefield. Despite some difficulties, the old soldiers and Qingyuan helped them. They were injured but not life threatening.

A new soldier looked regretfully staring at the wound on Qingyuan's thigh. It was because of saving him that Qingyuan was injured. "I'm fine. Go get some rest. In war there must be someone who gets injured as long as it doesn't result in loss of life then a small wound doesn't matter." Qingyuan advised for the umpteenth time before the soldier gave up and left.

Qingyuan smiled at him. Zhang Hua entered with Zhang Qing making Qingyuan shocked. "Brother" Zhang Qing hugged Qingyuan happily. Qingyuan returned the hug. "You two came?" Qingyuan asked smiling.

"We heard you were injured so came to see you." Zhang Hua clearly smiled. "Bingwen coming?" Qingyuan asked. "He's busy with his business so I don't want to bother him." Zhang Hua said calmly. "Plus I have other news for you." added Zhang Hua.

"What's that?" Qingyuan asked smiling. "I'm two months pregnant." Zhang Hua explained. Qingyuan smiled widely. "Congratulations to you and Bingwen." Qingyuan said happily. "Brother, we would like to name our child after your name if it is born a boy. Do you allow it?" Zhang Hua asked nervously.

"Of course you can. I thank you instead." Qingyuan said smiling. Zhang Hua also smiled. Zhang Qing pouted at being unnoticed and climbed onto Qingyuan's lap. "A Qing, want to go for a walk?" Qingyuan asked. Zhang Qing nodded enthusiastically.

Qingyuan was about to carry Zhang Qing but was stopped by Zhang Hua. "Brother, your legs won't be able to withstand Zhang Qing's weight plus your legs are injured." Zhang Hua protested.

Zhang Qing understood and got off Qingyuan's lap. General Hong came and offered to take Zhang Qing and Zhang Hua for a walk.

Qingyuan slowly fell asleep from exhaustion. Lanying walked in after that. Qingyuan's complexion became darker than the last time they met.

Qingyuan woke up when it was dinner time. Qingyuan was about to go outside but was stopped by Lanying who brought food in. Qingyun sat back down and Lanying fed Qingyuan.

After eating, Lanying gave Qingyuan a quick peck on the lips. "You should be more careful." Lanying said. "You're like a fussy old granny. Minor injuries like this don't matter to me." Qingyuan protested. Lanying kissed Qingyuan's lips gently to stop Qingyuan's nagging that was likely to continue.

Qingyuan returned the kiss excitedly. They both stopped when they needed to breathe. "Old granny can't kiss you until you're satisfied." teased Lanying. "Noisy." Qingyuan said annoyed. That night the two fell asleep hugging each other.

The unexpected thing that happened the next day left everyone shocked to hear that but Qingyuan grinned happily. 'Finally come.' Qingyuan thought happily.