Chapter 14

"What is it?" Qingyuan asked. "Not presumptuous but Lord Zhang, you look like you're not alive at all." honest Minzhe. "You feel it?" Qingyuan said smiling. "I actually died a very long time ago. So it's not strange that you don't feel life from me. It seems that the Ji family does have a special lineage. I can't escape your observation. I hope you don't tell the others especially the 9th prince as well as Haoran. I don't want them to worry and think like that. It was very inconvenient for me. I'm sure you can keep my little secret." Qingyuan said casually. Minzhe looked surprised at Qingyuan's words.

"Lord Zhang, did you know? You could die if you made a wrong move. Your existence is truly against fate and quite dangerous." Minzhe said honestly.

"I know, I'm just a wander spirit who isn't content to just die. Maybe it's because of my deep hatred that I couldn't calm down and possessed my body in the past." Qingyuan said calmly.

"Besides, I know that my life in this world won't be long. When I was little, the fortune teller told my parents." Qingyuan added casually. "Who did you come back for revenge on?" Minzhe asked.

"I won't tell you. Because you will thwart my plans." Qingyuan said casually. "If you don't take revenge, maybe your life will be longer than it should be." Minzhe's advice.

"I came back only for revenge. I won't make those people happy at the expense of people." Qingyuan said flatly. "Even if your life is at stake?" Minzhe asked in return of Qingyuan's nod. Minzhe sighed in frustration.

Qingyuan looked at the 4th prince and Lanying who finished washing and returned to their place. The conversation stopped there. "Shouldn't you be seeing my father today?" asked the 4th prince. Qingyuan nodded and returned to his room. "Why did our father want to see A Yuan?" Lanying asked suspiciously.

"To celebrate your birthday!" said the 4th prince annoyed. "My birthday passed a few months ago when A Yuan was in Light Village." Lanying protest. "You don't need to ask, do you? It's clear that father wants to interrogate A Yuan about your relationship." said the 4th prince rolling his eyes lazily.

"Why is your father so curious?" Lanying asked confused. "Because..." the 4th prince's words stopped. "Let's go." said the well-dressed Qingyuan.

The four of them went to the palace together. When he arrived at the palace gate, Eunuch Mu was seen waiting there. "4th prince and 9th prince can go to court in the morning." said Eunuch Mu. The 4th prince and Lanying looked confused but complied.

"Guard Ji can come if you want." added Eunuch Mu. "Lord Zhang, come with me to the royal prison." said Eunuch Mu leading the way. Minzhe came with Qingyuan.

@Royal Jail

In one prison there is a woman with a disheveled appearance. "You may enter, Lord Zhang." said Eunuch Mu opening the lock. "We'll wait outside." added Eunuch Mu walking away. Minzhe had no choice but to come with Eunuch Mu.

Qingyuan went inside to see the woman who turned out to be Min Ruling. Ruling looked at Qingyuan angrily. "Why? You're not throwing up anymore. You're really good at acting." said Ruling angrily.

"I'm not acting but the smell of your perfume really disgusts me to the point of throwing up. Now it's gone and replaced by the smell of blood that I love. Of course I'll be fine." said Qingyuan, grinning happily.

"You have a devil's heart!" curse Ruling. "Thanks for your compliment. I'm honored." said Qingyuan laughing. "You will die in a horrific way!" curse Ruling. Qingyuan laughed even more.

"Actually you could have saved your life if you told me who the father of your baby was." Qingyuan said casually. "What do you mean?" asked Ruling pretending not to understand. "This is your only chance to become his legal wife. If you don't hurry then Li Xiuying will be his legal wife." Qingyuan said casually.

"You're lying. It's obvious that Xiuying likes the 9th prince. There's no way she will marry the 3th prince." Ruling said unintentionally saying that and immediately covered her mouth.

Qingyuan smirked. "You can say that to His Majesty the Emperor, it's possible that your life will be saved and become the legal wife of the 3th prince." Qingyuan said before leaving. Ruling seemed to think seriously.

@outside the royal prison

"Answers to His Majesty the Emperor, 3th prince. His Majesty the Emperor may take the woman to the morning court in a moment." Qingyuan said calmly. "Thank you, Lord Zhang." said Eunuch Mu happily.

"If nothing else. I'll get back to my job." Qingyuan said goodbye nodding Eunuch Mu who came in. Qingyuan returned to the job of the royal guard. Minzhe followed Qingyuan.

"Lord Zhang, if your revenge is avenged. What are you going to do next?" Minzhe asked. "I never thought about it that long. Maybe living my life on the battlefield." Qingyuan said.

"Did you forget? You now have a 9th prince. You should put him on the list." Minzhe said. Qingyuan fell silent before answering. "I almost forgot that even I have Ying er." said Qingyuan laughing. Minzhe sighed.

@meeting room

A big mess ensues there after Ruling says the father of the baby. "Your Majesty the Emperor, I am canceling my daughter's engagement agreement with the 3th prince. My family cannot accept this treatment." Minister Liu said angrily.

"I allow. In exchange I will bless whoever your daughter chooses to be." said Emperor Su with a straight face but his eyes showed that he was enjoying the drama.

The 3th prince was about to deny but was stopped because Eunuch Mu gave a handkerchief to Emperor Su. "This handkerchief is handmade and only the royal family has." said Emperor Su throwing out the handkerchief. 3th prince did not move. The morning court dispersed in chaos.

Qingyuan was patrolling the palace meticulously when a woman was about to fall and Qingyuan restrained herself from falling. The woman was embarrassed and immediately corrected her position.

"Next time, please be careful lady." Qingyuan said smiling. The woman nodded shyly. Qingyuan walked away.

@royal garden

Qingyuan sat on the outskirts of the pavilion above the lake and closed his eyes. Someone gave Qingyuan a quick peck on the lips causing Qingyuan's eyes to open.

"Your Highness, please know your position." said Qingyuan looking deeply at Lanying. "There's no one here so it's fine. Calm down." Lanying said casually. "Your Highness, palaces are even more dangerous than anywhere else so I guess you just wanted to show off. Then you got into trouble." Qingyuan sarcasm.

Lanying laughed happily. "Did you win something? You look cheerful." Qingyuan said confused. "Minister Liu canceled his daughter's engagement with the 3th prince." said Lanying happily.

Minister Liu is quite an influential minister because he is the Minister of Defense. Losing Minister Liu's support would be suicide for the 3th prince.

In his past life, although Qingyuan and Minister Liu's relationship was very good, he couldn't help Qingyuan because his daughter was married to the 3th prince. Qingyuan remembered a week before Qingyuan's death, Minister Liu hanged himself and wrote a will addressed to Qingyuan.

The letter read: If I had a choice, I would choose not to marry off my daughter to that bad bastard. I can't help you at all because my daughter is in the grasp of that bad bastard. But I will wait for you in the afterlife to accompany you. I will penetrate my sin for not being able to help you in the afterlife.

In this life, Qingyuan had thought of many ways to destroy this marriage. To think that the two traitors had even been in touch long before Qingyuan married Min Ruling. Qingyuan really underestimated them.

It is possible that Qingyuan's first son who was born in a past life was not his son but belonged to the 3th prince. Qingyuan wanted to laugh at his own stupid behavior.

He married a prostitute and treated her very well and spoiled her. Qingyuan was furious.

The kiss made Qingyuan come back from memory in his past. Qingyuan was shocked to see Lanying kiss him gently. Qingyuan was startled and was about to push Lanying away but because the place where Qingyuan was sitting was only a long log. Qingyuan lost his balance and the two of them fell into the pool below the pavilion.