18~ Save me

Aleena’s Pov

Aleena’s Pov

Clutching his pinky finger, we began to walk on the street and our destination was to reach the amusement park. I was so happy that finally my father was accepting me. We were walking through the grass and it was tickling me so I giggled loudly.

“Daddy, it’s tickling.” I giggled and he chuckled softly. I always asked Amma about my father but she never talked about him to me. I was happy to have my daddy again. After walking for almost ten minutes while my feet were hurting as hell, we reached the pool.

Aleena, you see the girl?” Daddy was pointing his finger to a girl who was reading a red frock, probably older than me who was staring at me with a big smile on her face. I looked at my father, trying to ask who she was.

“She is Sophia. Your sister. You will be playing with your sister, sharing everything with her and doing what she wants you to do, do you understand my child? Otherwise I will be hurt. You don’t want your daddy to be hurt, right?” He asked with a very soft and gentle voice. How could I deny his offer? I never experienced fatherly love and I was willing to do everything for him to get his love.

“Yes, daddy—” I giggled and wrapped my tiny hands around him but he didn’t hug me back, “I love you, daddy.” I said with my muffled voice. He detached me from him and gestured to me to go with the girl named Sophia who was my sister. But I never had a sister. It was okay, as long as my father said, everything was okay.

“Hello, Sophia.” I waved at her and she smiled back with a wave. “Will you give me the teddy bear? I love it.” She said with a small pout, I stared at my red teddy bear which my mother gave me for my sixth birthday and I couldn’t sleep without hugging the teddy when Amma was outside and couldn’t come back home.

My face saddened, however I decided to give her the teddy because Daddy said he would be upset if I hurt Sophia. I smiled at her and gave her the teddy, she literally snatched the thing for me and didn’t even thank me. 

“Let’s go and get us drenched by the water, see the pool, the water looks so calm and relaxing.” She offered me which was more likely order to me but Daddy said not to hurt her. Before I even protested that I couldn’t swim, I didn’t take any class and Amma hadn’t time to teach me swimming. She began to drag me near the big pool.

“Sophia, I don’t know how to swim.” I said, my voice was already shaking. I looked at Daddy who was standing not so far from us, smiling at us. He assured me that he was going to catch me and he told me to believe him so I did with a big smile on my face.

Before I even looked at the pool, someone pushed me on the water so hard that I fell on the middle of the wall, water splashed around and I already sank under the water because of the intense force. I began to wriggle my arms and legs to make myself float on the water but it was no use.