Chapter 0: A life cut short

I looked at the wall clock, it displayed that the current time was already 12:51 Am and it had already changed dates.

The smell of air conditioning filled the office as I logged out of work. It has always been like this.

Over time, overworked, and underpaid. If only I had chosen a different kind of work perhaps I should have entered a different company, and maybe things wouldn't be as bad as this.

My usual ride on the way back home is my trusty Swedish bike, this durable thing has been with me from my high school days and has always been my service for the past 3 years of my work.

It's a gift given to me by someone who has already passed away, sheesh, I wonder where god put her. I just hoped that she is in a better place right now.

[Ah.....] The feeling of the cold night wind touched my face as I recalled something, I still had a game where it left me frustrated. How could I trail off now? I'm still on the road yet I had a lot of things on my mind.

What was that game again? Titanfall? Wasn't that game dead by now and got replaced by that battle royale game? Moreover, with the frequent hacking issues as well as DDoS attacks on the servers, I guess players have shifted their interests by now.

I trailed off again damn it, focus Jack, focus on the road damn it. I'm way too sleepy right now, but my eyes were holding off their last strength.

[Aa..........] When I passed by an intersection near a construction site, something mysterious happened.

There was no truck, car, or any vehicle there.....but I can hear something approaching. I looked around just to confirm it was safe to cross at it, but to no avail...I was wrong all this time.

[What the fuck?!!!!!!!!] It was not a car or a person.........but a metal beam was coming towards me from above. Where did the engine noise come from?!

Ah....why can't I move my legs? Please move damn it, why? Why?......

Ah...right, I never had the energy to run away right from the start. I am exhausted, so exhausted and because of that-----I died.

*BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!*
================================================================================
I have a motto in life, and that motto is to give up right at the start when things seem to end up as fucked up.

In short, I am pessimistic, I was never born optimistic. Even if my parents were good people, that does not guarantee that I, their child, would also be good as well.

There are just a lot of things I am bad with, for example talking with weird people. But does that have any connection with the situation I have been placed upon?

There's a literal line of spirits in front of me tossing a bucket of water at my pessimism.

[Why am I here?! Tell me!] (??) Whoever that guy is, he sure has been panicking for a while now. He, along with others (including me) found ourselves standing within this dark place. Surrounded by angels and armed angels, is this a crusade?

[Everyone, please line up for your reincarnation process!] (??) Shouted a girl with wings....an angel. I thought the biblically accurate ones don't look like that. I was expecting it would be just a giant mass of eyeballs and feathers and stuff.

The somehow sane conscious souls followed her words and lined up in order, as for me I just followed what they were also doing.

[Do you even know what I am!? I am the son of a multibillionaire!!!! How can I die this early!?] (??) It is the same guy ago who panicked.

[But sir you are already dead, there is no--kya!?] (??) Woah Woah Woah!??!!!!!!

Are the dead this violent?! The spirit who was panicking somehow got angry and lifted the angel in her collar. 

[Sir please calm down] (??)

[How can I calm down?! After all of the shit I've gone through! Just for me to die?!..... What the fuck are you gonna say girlie!......huh? Wait! Where are you dragging me!? Get off of me!] (??) Things escalated so fast, that armed angels immediately placed their weapons on his neck, halting whatever he was trying to do to the angel. The rest of them just held him in both arms.

[You have tried to harm god's people, you are going to be punished for your sin] (??) Said the buff-looking angel as the rest dragged the spirit into another place.

[............................] What the heck just happened? Didn't things just escalate quickly? And why are the rest of the spirits here unfazed by what just unfolded?

I had a lot of questions in my mind, but when I meet eyes with the angel earlier and was greeted with a smile, somehow....maybe....hmmm...maybe I have no questions at all.

All of us here are going to be reincarnated...........but isn't that related to Buddhism  About people reincarnating into another person based on their karma? Was I right? No one is going to slap me for wrongly thinking about that right?

[Next!] (??) Thank god, it is now my turn. After the sea of spirits has ceased to exist in this area, all that is left is me alone.

Alone to face the cheerful angel in front of me that is.

[So do you have any questions before reincarnating?] (??)

[Ah yes there are, are all of those spirits earlier......died at the same hour as me?]

[Yes, all of them died at the same hour as you, but not as worst as what was the cause of your untimely death. Murder cases, natural deaths, and suicides were common things....you're the only one that died with a metal beam to the head. Sorry] (??) Wow...just wow. Talk about my negative value luck.

[Next question then~, we have a lot of time after all] (??) She calmly said.

[Ah yes, next would be---is this going to be some kind of Japanese "Isekai" fantasy thing? This reincarnation we are all going?] 

[About that, yes it would be so. The current world where you are going to be exactly reincarnated would be a world of swords and magic, which is also plagued with monsters and dungeons so bear it in mind] (??) Woah...The dangers sure are there, but swords and magic along with monsters and dungeons................

[I'm Innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

[Woah there, you're way too excited. Though I am happy that you have no qualms about where you will go, we still have to do the procedure first. And first is to-----] (??) 

================================================================================

First is to sign this non-disclosure agreement wherein I will follow any instructions told to me by her, and then last is the gorm that tells me to follow all of the rules that are going to be the norm in that world....lastly is...

[Lastly is to get your final answer regarding your choice....do you want to really reincarnate in that kind of world? It is full of dangers you know, aren't you afraid of dying? Can you even sleep in that monster-plagued world? What about betrayals? Can you handle it?] (??) She's like a mother asking a kid about their career path.

But she is right, about safety for my body and mind. That world is full of dangers, even allies can become enemies, but...something just sparked inside me when I heard the word "dungeon". Grinding mad for hard items to get....ah the days, those days too when I met online strangers that became the only ones I could trust or perhaps not trust regarding prior events.

............That game......that specific game that has made me feel frustrated. A game so broken due to hacking and DDoS issues that many players abandoned it, no wonder that game came to my mind as I looked at the angel in front of me with reaffirmation.

[Bring me in, but first, can I ask for one thing?]