Chapter 28: My first solo dungeon dive

Equipped with the KRABER sniper as my primary, the infamous RE-45 automatic pistol as my secondary, and this double-edged short sword as my melee I stepped into the place called the dungeon.

Well....despite being in the dungeon, for me to say that I just stepped into the dungeon is quite confusing. What I meant is that the part of the dungeon earlier where I am at earlier was the relatively peaceful area. The area where I am standing is filled with monsters here and there.

There's a slime, a rat, a snake....and a crab? As far as what the map has reflected, there seems to be relatively a lot of those that I mentioned just loitering around the place.

Right when I got closer, their hostility became apparent.

[Kaaa!!!] (??)

[Blublublub!] (??)

[Kisha!!!] (??)

Not even attacking one another despite monsters, their aim is clearly me, a human.

As if it was on reflex, the pistol at my hand was automatically aimed at the incoming monsters.

*Pratatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatat!*

I missed a few shots because the targets were moving quickly especially the rats and the crabs.

{YOU HAVE DEFEATED DUNGEON RAT LV1, YOU HAVE EARNED 5 EXP!}

{YOU HAVE DEFEATED DEVIL CRAB LV1, YOU HAVE EARNED 10 EXP!}

{YOU HAVE DEFEATED A DUNGEON SERPENT LV2, YOU HAVE EARNED 30 EXP!}

The monsters were relatively agile despite their sizes, the dungeon rat is quite the size of a capybara but nimble, the crab was as big as a coconut crab but agile, and lastly the dungeon serpent is a boa constrictor. How come these monsters are fast despite their size? It makes me wonder, but then again this is the dungeon so the impossible is possible.

These monsters are bound to surprise newcomers huh, no wonder new adventurers who want to go to the dungeons are also accompanied by their seniors for a few sessions to tell the basics.

I am glad that Rynia and Ethan has taught me well enough on the do's and don'ts here.

[Pilot, your accuracy at best is 90%. Out of the 20 rounds fired, only 18 managed to make a hit] (Ronin)

[Fuuu, I guess I can do better huh] Behind me is Ronin, also, accompanying us are 2 spectres and 1 plasma drone. I wanted to test their capabilities in the dungeon so I took them out, but first......

[It will be your turn to deal with the monsters next time]

Ronin nodded in affirmation, after that it stepped ahead of me and is now the vanguard of this party.

Now that I remember it, just before diving deep down into this place I must make a solid battle formation just like what I was taught.

The vanguard (the front liner) must be put at the front due to their defensive capabilities matched with their offensive skills hence Ronin's placement at the front, next is the middleman or in this case me who is a ranged and melee oriented attacker, lastly would be the support and the rearguard consisted of the drone and the spectres.

The good thing with having inhuman partymembers is that I won't worry about them being hurt, but rather I would have to worry whether they are still functional or not. BUT! I have trust that the engineering of futuristic technologies like them are topnotch, so the should not breakdown that easily.