Chapter 22: Despair and Hope

WARNING!

LIGHT GORE AHEAD

If you are stomach-sensitive, you might as well brace yourself with the f*ck up

=========================================================================

In ancient times, darkness has always been the partner of light for they are inseparable. Light existed only when the god of creation willed for light to come, but the god of creation is aware of the void called darkness. 

It has always been there, during the day as the shadows and crevices light won't hit, and at night when the people rest their bodies. 

Then there's darkness in the hearts of people, no matter how bright life is, there is always a way darkness finds its way to creep into the hearts of the people no matter what.

[We killed them right?] (??) In the depths of a certain dungeon somewhere...

[Surely, we gut them out and cut their heads off. What now?] (??)

[What now? Fool, weren't you listening to the boss earlier that we will dispose of their bodies because they're useless?] (??) 

Murder, the act of killing a person which by all laws forbidden happened in the very depths of a certain dungeon. What makes it gut wrenching is the fact that the victims of this murder, had their heads cut off and their stomachs brought out from the inside-out. The stench of death, blood, and guts wafts in the air as the suspects hidden in the dark dragged the bodies one-by-one.

[For now lay low, I have received news from the guys at the capital that the knights are going to be dispatched in this city later on] (??) Another dark figure appeared to join the fray.

[Shit! Those white shits are coming huh, what do we do then boss?] (??)

[Like I said, we must not allow ourselves to get caught otherwise our goal which is already at our reach would get destroyed again] (??) For a brief moment, a glimpse of the leader's face can be seen with a huge scar traversing from his right temple, to his right eye, then to his right cheek. 

Something sinister is brewing at the unknown depths of the dungeons somewhere

......

......

......

[So we're back at this shit hole again] (??) Early in the morning, as the lives of the city folks starts by the day....A large group of white armored nights bearing a flag with a crest of a paladin arrived at the city's eastern gate.

[Stop with those words Zena, aren't you a woman? Be delicate with your words] (??)

[Yes yes knight commander, but I am just irritated because we're back at this city because our hunches were correct] (Zena) In front of the group were their platoon commander and platoon leaders. 

The men and women lined up orderly as they awaited for the instruction from their respective leaders, and their horses snorted and neighed as it gained a momentary amount of rest. They were quite a sight due to their armor of white color, rather they were well known by everyone except for a certain someone.

[Knight commander, I think we should take temporary residence on the inn nearby. I've asked the guards about a place to stay, and they recommended that inn] (??) Pointing at the distant signage board with the drawing of an ale mug being crossed from behind with a pair of fork and spoon, was a voice that came from a rather young man.

[I see, good job Eland. We should take rest for we have just arrived from a long trip, okay troops! Dismissed!] (??) Their platoon commander had a tall figure, and the huge halberd strapped at her back only made his/her figure even more threatening to others.