Chapter 32: Man&Titan vs 3 slimes

With the arrival of my best trump card, the battle has started to get easier for me. However, that was only quick as the slimes showed signs of improving once again.

Pumping itself up, from 4 slimes, they merged back to form 2 thus increasing the size and power.

[You deal with the one on the far right, I will deal with the other]

[Roger that, pilot take care] (Ronin)

[As always partner!] Cocking the charging handle of the spitfire LMG, I then hurled myself towards the slime haphazardly using the grappling hook attached to the wall.

Zipping through the distance, I immediately closed myself to the target and then shoot it with as many bullets I can.

*PRATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA!*

I could not care less about the muzzle flash or the hot spent casings that were flying to my right. I shoot the top side of the slime in hopes of exposing its core, but it was all in vain as it can immediately repaired the honeycomb I made in its gel body.

But on Ronin's side was different.

*CRACKLE!*

The arcs generated from Ronin's core surged forth to the sword, and when it cleaved the slime........something happened.

[KIIIIIIIIIGIGIGIGIGIGIII!!!!] (??)

Despite doing damage to the slime on a different scale as Ronin managed to expose the fused core, its sword was melting especially on the sharp side.

Shit, this is bad too.

But before the slime could regenerate again, I shoot the core as I immediately aimed at it and fired a few rounds.

*PACHIN!*

{YOU HAVE SLAIN A PART OF THE CORROSIVE MIASMA SLIME! YOU HAVE EARNED 500 EXP!}

3 more!

[PTU!] (??) Never again. I am not stupid so I got myself as far as I could to evade the splash damage done by the acid bolt.

Now that there's only 3 remaining cores to destroy, that should mean that the slime is getting weaker and weaker each time we destroy one.

I was hoping that I could end this fight in an instant, but I really am wrong. Faults are really something we learn from, and with this experience I am growing bit by bit.

[Switch to ranged attacks!]

[Roger that] (Ronin) As the broadsword was getting badly damaged due to the acid, Ronin discarded it to the ground and switched to the trusty LEADWALL titan shotgun.

I could not allow Ronin to get damaged as I don't know whether I could fix it or not. I have spare parts, but whether I could do it or not is what matters.

*BANG!*

But............was it by coincidence that I just blurted it out, but it seems that the leadwall shotgun is doing more damage than I imagined it to be.

As Ronin fired an angry cloud of metal pellets to the slimes, I could see that the impact it made to the slime caused their cores to momentarily show up exposed.

[...................]

*BANG!*

I am aware that if I just stood there, things would go on longer. So I aimed the  KRABER and zeroed in at the possible site of core exposure in the slime and when it does show, I would squeeze the trigger in hopes of hitting it.

But no, things aren't going the easy way for me.

As soon as the core was exposed, the slime immediately retracted its scattered body enclosing the core in an instant.

Well, things are just going to get harder starting from here. With the situation becoming harder to dealt with, I really need to come up with a new plan.

[Oh shit! That was close! So so so close!] I almost experienced the same shit again because the slime did not pumped itself to shoot an acid bolt, that means it has now learned how to attack me with its guard up.

How did those twins fought this guy? I could not fathom that they went unscathed after this, and it makes me question those two's strength. Just how were they able to defeat this piece of shit?

For now Ronin has already lost one of its weapon, the broadsword, and now if the gun gets done.........we're really becoming fucked after that. 

Think Jack think, what was that again with the slimes that they were weak against? 

I scanned my memory for answers, and then I remembered that there was this book that told a specific weakness for each elemental monster. Just like a certain monster catcher/monster fighting game, monsters have elements,  and their strengths and weakness. Fire is weak to water, as water is weak to ice and electricity, earth is weak to water, as nature is weak to fire, dark is weak against the holy, and the holy is weak against the dark. There is so many combination, but the one that I remembered in a page was that.............slimes are by nature quite oily.

[...........] No shit? That thing is flammable?

Ronin was still dealing with it by itself, and the remaining drone up in the air is assisting Ronin. 

I think........I could do it. The only problem is the question that says it all. Do I have to balls to get close to that motherfucker? 

[.................] Hell yeah, I absolutely have it!

With the knowledge I remembered, I took out the exact ordnance for the job. I don't need something explosive, I don't need something electric, what I needed all this time is only fire.

Fire burns as fire require 2 simple things: oxygen, and then fuel. What is a good fuel source other than an ample amount of jiggly oil?

Twisting and pulling the thermite grenade, I then threw it out to the lump of black jelly. It immediately burst into a hot metallic mess that burns the ground nearby, effectively it also managed to get one of the corrosive slime in the fray.

[KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!] (??) 

[Waaaaaa!!!???] I covered my ears as an earsplitting scream resonated in the cave.

{YOU HAVE SLAIN A PART OF THE CORROSIVE SLIME! YOU HAVE EARNED 500 EXP!}

{CORROSIVE SLIME WILL NOW ENTER PHASE 3}

Phase 3?!!!! What the hell is phase 3?!

The remaining 2 slimes suddenly bubbled up......and then merged to form one.

{CORROSIVE SLIME HAS ENTERED ITS FINAL FORM}

Shiny red in color and still has some black hue at its border, the slime which was about the size of basketballs turned into one hell of a beanbag giant.

[Pilot beware, enemy energy signature has been detected to have increased. Caution is advised] (Ronin) 

I don't need to hear that anymore as I could feel the pressure myself.

[*Blublublub*] (??) It swelled for a bit...

[Oh shi-] and before I knew it, this fight has now turned into something far more than just interesting.

+++++++++++++++++++

AN

Sorry for the cliff hanger...
I am just tired and angry at the same time that was why I wasn't able to have time to make the chapter longer than intended. I also don't want to bore you some unnecessary technobabel...

Anyway if you like the story then please vote if you like to, and if you have thoughts regarding the chapter then voice it in the comments.

Cತ_ʖತ=>One angry Author