Chapter 25: The start of certain troubles

For now, I commanded Ronin to watch over the inn for a while since I am going on a little excursion.

[Pistol check, mg box is full, and the gear is working properly] In the bell tower of the city's square there I am, checking my inventory for my little outing. Weapon maintenance is a thing, hence I bought a gun cleaning kit from the weapon store,

Consisted of a fine stiff brush and a flexible silky cloth, I cleaned the barrel of the Spitfire and lubricated the parts that needed lubrication using a high quality castor oil. Grease is one thing, I had to use it in the moving parts that are part of the bolt carrier assembly, and then oil for the dust cover door and for the other "technical stuff". Oil is a great rust protection material, so I wiped some of it at the gun itself and then wiped off the excess to avoid my hands becoming oily with it.

I once used this weapon when it rained so......I was terrified of rust, hence with the maintenance at this moment. With that finished, I then moved unto staring at the tactical map in my HUD.

The city is busy as people moved here and there, as far as I can see from the bell tower it seems like it is just the usual, until I looked at the map and see the dozen red dots that were in the crowd of people.

[What are these motherfuckers doing here?] What are they to begin with? I have no idea, but they are branded as hostiles so they might as well be bad guys. 

To begin with they are the reason why I am here at the bell tower. 

3 drones deployed in the air gave me a real-time view as well as tracking of these individuals in my map. Marked with an outline of red in each camera, I was now more aware of their physique.

4 hurly burly men, 5 lanky guys, and 3 fatties. I was once a fatty so I just basically ridiculed myself.  These people are scattered across in a 20 meter radius, hence I was able to have the drone monitor 4 people each. It still bothers me how they were unmarked at first in the map, but nevertheless at this point their whole jig is already up.

{PLEASE CHECK INVENTORY FOR UNOPENED REWARD BOXES!}

[EH?] Suddenly as I scanned the entire area where the enemies are, a pop up notification appeared in front of me as floating hologram.

Rewards? Since when did I receive any? How come I don't have the notifications on?

{TURN NOTIFICATIONS ON? YES|NO}

[What the fuck?! I never had it on?!] I almost banged my head on the wall, but I resisted because that will incur property damages.

Yes please, turn it on.

I sighed as I selected the YES button and then the screen disappeared. Phew, what could go wrong now.

{CLAIMED REWARDS FOR LEVELING UP! YES|NO}

[Oh]

{CLAIMED REWARDS FOR LEVELING UP! YES|NO}

[What the?]

{CLAIMED REWARDS FOR LEVELING UP! YES|NO}

[Stop]

{CLAIMED REWARDS FOR LEVELING UP! YES|NO}