Chapter 9: The way of the sword titan

Author's Note~

Hey, sexy, handsome, and beautiful readers 

This will be the last chapter for this year...not like it will end here, but what I mean is it will be the last chapter for the year 2022. Next year would be a tougher time for me since I will now have to choose between work and academics, which the latter is a more appreciated choice. Work can go for later, after all my work is just to fuel my hobbies (don't ask what these are) and my parents are still supporting me.

Anyway, I hope you would like this chapter so, please vote and share your thoughts about it. You might also just give me some greetings, and it is highly appreciated

Happy New Year Everyone!

-Author who wishes you a good year

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Have you ever seen a Chinese movie that focuses too much on swords? It looked decently and well done when it comes to choreography, western sword fights are also wonderfully done as well. Yet, something always bothers me when it comes to certain movies where the protagonist and antagonist cross swords and there is that scene where they just stare at each other and make these powerful words...wherein they could have instead done the practical way of finding another way to hit the enemy instead of a stare down...
================================================================================

The sound of its rotors being put to the maximum power reached the microphone within Ronin got conveyed to us that it was now doing what I wanted it to do. To act as the decoy.

*Pisha Pisha Pisha!*

Three consecutive plasma shots soared from across the lakeside, hitting the Hydra on the back. The plasma drone then made a movement pattern of moving in a circle around the hydra, saturating it with a decent amount of plasma bolts. Its camera was making me see what the hydra was at from a distance, and my god, it was really that huge.

[Graaaar!!!!] (??) It angrily spewed fire towards the drone, but thankfully the drone is nimble as its maneuverability is its standing point. Dodging the breath of fire by increasing its altitude and then moving around the trajectory of the flame, and then shooting another series of plasma bolts.

*Pisa Pisha Pisha!*

As for me, I was preparing both my mind and Ronin's broadsword when...

{SWORD STYLE UNLOCKED! [LONGSWORD FIGHTING STYLE]!}

{SWORD CORE HAS NOW LEARNED THE WAY OF THE LONGSWORD!}

A new message notification popped out in my HUD along with the logo of its core with a longsword in it.

What are the sword styles commonly used when wielding a huge broadsword? Surely one can just go and berserk around like a certain character of a certain dark fantasy anime, but doing so would create large gaps within each movement and it is a waste of energy doing such. That means associating Ronin's broadsword fighting style with the longsword fighting style is what is suited due to the size and length of the blade added to its weight. Huuuhhh??? Wait, what?

[Goddamn, even if it was preoccupied with the drone, it was still able to put its attention to me. As expected of a hydra] 

*Pang!*

The automatic parry within its AI immediately activated causing a metallic pang to resonate in my ears. The tense atmosphere surrounding this standoff is now getting my nerves, but the hope in the eyes of the girls inside the cockpit dampened my fears...fuuuu...breathe in Jack, this is the greatest battle that will happen in your life! Also, what is with this information flowing in my head?