Chapter 7.

LISA

"What's wrong?" My boss asked as she saw me fidgeting and looking uneasy.

"I-I need to go to the restroom, chairman. Can you please wait for me here? And do not go anywhere, please."

"Make it quick. I want to go home." she replied flatly.

I lied. I wasn't going to the restroom but outside to see Namjoon in the parking lot and get the car keys. He begged me to explain his emergency to my boss because he's afraid that Chairman Kim won't allow him to leave.

"Lisa." He called. "Here's the key." he opened my palm and handed the key.

"What's wrong? You're turning pale."

"My wife's water just broke and I need to go to the hospital now." he explained.

"Oh! Congratulations. Then just go. I'll explain to Chairman Kim. Palli!"

"Thank you so so much Lisa." he guestured his palms like praying. "I'll make you my kids' godmother." then he hurriedly left me.

And here where my another problem starts. I called Chaeng but she's not answering. It's 1am so she's probably sleeping in her home by now. While my other officemates are cannot be reached. I can't blamed them though, it's past working hours.

I'm already frustrated because I can't drive and I can't ask anyone for help. Well, I can drive and had a student license but it was a very long time ago since I drove a car. I don't even remember how to use it anymore.

And what on odds, my boss is now calling me.

"Yeobosey—"

"Why are you taking so long?"

"Uhm... I—"

"Nevermind, I'm out. I'll wait you in the car."  then she hang up before I can answer.

Not too long, she came out of the bar and looking at me confused as I was standing outside the car and waiting for her.

"I thought you're in the restroom?"

"I-I was. But Namjoon had an emergency and gave me the keys. I'm driving you for now Chairman Kim." I said shakily.

"Then let's go." I opened the door to let her in. "And send Mr. Choi's photos to me." she added before I can close it.

I went to the driver's seat and see the controls. It's automatic so it shouldn't be hard.

I got this. I can't be fired just because of this.

I started the engine and we drove off. It's not as worst as what I imagined. I am learning it quickly and we're driving smoothly. I keep glancing on my boss in the rear mirror but she's looking annoyed at me. I can see her face now as she already removed her mask and sunglass.

"Is somethings wrong Chairman?"

"Seriously? We're driving 20 miles per hour, Manoban! I should be asking what is wrong with you?!" she yelled at me.

"I-It's for safety." my voice is shaking making me to drive in panic.

"We're on a highway and it's not even traffic, for pete's sake!"

I gripped the steering wheel tightly and stepped on the gass to speed up but I can only drive up to 25 mph. More than that? I would be shaking.

"Stop the car." my boss ordered so I quickly step on the brakes that made us both leaned forward. My boss bumped her nose in the front seat that made a little cut on her face.

"Chairman Kim." In my panic, I immediately checked her out but she's fuming mad at me. "A-are you okay?" I asked looking down.

"Move out!" she stepped out the car holding her nose and went towards the driver's seat.