Chapter 60.

JENNIE

Aria fell asleep in my room while Lisa insisted on staying in the guest room. My parents were confused by that arrangement, but after explaining that Lisa and I aren't still on good terms, they understood and promised not to meddle in our relationship.

It's past midnight, but I couldn't sleep. So I decided to go out at the poolside, holding a glass of whiskey, to breathe fresh air until I could feel sleepy.

"Arrrgh!!"

As I was drinking, a noise coming from the garden caught my attention. I heard someone huffing not far from the poolside. My curiosity made me follow the sound, and to my surprise, it was my sister who was frustrated, looking at her phone.

"Unnie?"

"Jen, I knew you were awake." She got startled but was relieved when she recognized me.

"You can't sleep as well."

"No. For sure, you too." She kept looking at her phone, which seems to be the reason she's not in the mood.

"Are you fighting with someone over your phone?"

"You're not?" She looked at me confusingly, and I furrowed my brows in response. "How come you seem fine?"

"Why would I not be fine?"

"Because your wife is in a bar right now, probably drinking and partying?"

I scoffed. "Lisa? No, she's not. She's sleeping in the guest room, unnie."

"Are you sure? A minute earlier, Seulgi told me not to worry because she was with Lisa and Jisoo. And now none of them are answering my calls. It seems like they turned off their phones altogether."

"Seulgi? Ms. Kang? Are you and—"

"Jennie." She shushed me.

"Okay, I get it." I paused for a moment until I realized what she just said about my wife. "You mean Lisa wasn't in the house all this time?"

"Have you checked the guest room?"

I didn't answer my sister and swarmed back inside the mansion to check all the guest rooms. It turns out my sister is right; no trace of my wife is in the house, and her number cannot be reached at the moment.

"Unnie, you know where the bar is?" I clenched my teeth, seeing the empty rooms in front of me.

"I can drive you there."

:

:

LISA

"So you're dating?" I opened my eyes in shock.

I've been catching up with my friends, especially Seulgi, for more than a year since I last spoke to them. I enjoyed their company so much that I lost track of time and how many bottles of beer I had already consumed. My phone is dead as well, but hopefully I will be able to come back to the mansion before Jennie wakes up.

"No. We're not. She proposed to me, but I rejected her. We're not even girlfriends to begin with."

"You should take Lisa's advice." Jisoo butted in and opened another set of beers for each of us. "She's been there."

"After I rejected her, she kept giving me gifts. And whenever I refuse, she will yell at me at the office."

"S-sounds familiar. Hik—"

"Gifts are worth more than a hundred thousand dollars, right?" I added.

She nodded. 

I scoffed. "Trust me. Next time, she'll buy you a car or a big bike; it depends on your liking."